PDA

View Full Version : PokerRoom reload bonus %20 up to $200

KeysrSoze
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Members, check your email, I just received this message in their newsletter:

Use deposit code VENDOR on your next deposit to get 20% (up to $200) on your next deposit. Offer valid until August 29 for a single deposit only. Reload terms & conditions apply.

(I'm assuming the standard 7x clearing rate they state in their terms and conditions. 7x is in player points, you get 1/2 a player point for a raked hand with a rake of $0.50 and above, a full player point for raked hands where the rake is $1+. You do not need to contribute to a raked hand, just be dealt cards.)

Oops, thats POKER room, not party, doh!

fluff
08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Pokerroom, not Party Poker.

XxGodJrxX
08-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Do Pokerroom bonuses expire? If so, how long does one have to clear them?

KeysrSoze
08-23-2005, 12:39 PM
from their reload bonus faq on their webpage:

What is a reload bonus?
A reload bonus is a cash bonus that is occasionally available on PokerRoom.com. It’s a percentage bonus you get for depositing funds to your account. If the bonus is 20% and you deposit $100 the bonus would be $20. In order to get the reload bonus, you must be able to receive our promotional emails informing you of the bonus.

How and when do I receive the reload bonus?
To get the bonus you need to collect enough player points within 60 days of the deposit. A bonus requires seven player points for every dollar. For example, a deposit bonus of $20 will require 140 player points. As soon as you have collected the points needed, your bonus will automatically be transferred to your PokerRoom account.

At times, more than one reload bonus will be available to you. However, only one at a time can be active. So if you need 50 player points to collect either one of your reload bonuses you need a total of one hundred to claim both of them. The same points cannot be used to claim more than one bonus. As soon as the first bonus is claimed or has expired the next one will activate.

Please note that you cannot use previously earned points to speed up the bonus payout. You must earn the points after the deposit was made.

How do I know how many additional player points I need to claim my bonus?
On My Account you will see your total amount of player points and also the remaining amount needed to receive the bonus.

I can’t deposit. What’s wrong?
To be able to deposit money, you have to real-money enable your account. This is done under My Account page. If that is not the problem please contact our support team who are available 24/7.

Do I need to enter a deposit code to get my reload bonus?
In most cases you will need to enter a deposit code while making the deposit for the reload bonus to take effect. Our newsletter will indicate the deposit code you need to enter.

So if nothings changed, you have 60 days.

XxGodJrxX
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks. I looked at the FAQ before posting, but I guess my reading comprehension skill have gone to crap this summer.

wonderwes
08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do Pokerroom bonuses expire? If so, how long does one have to clear them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a 3 month window to clear a Pokerroom bonus. Pokerroom probably has one of the better bonus unlocking policies.

XxGodJrxX
08-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Besides the painfully slow rate maybe /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. One more question that I did not see answered in the FAQ. Does the bonus clear in one lump sum or is it cleared $X at a time (like Paradise clears $10 for every 100 hands or whatever). I want to deposit as much as possible, but have a feeling I won't be able to clear the whole thing with school starting on Monday. I barely play 1000 a week now that there isn't school (and that includes multitabling and six-max).

Pov
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides the painfully slow rate maybe /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. One more question that I did not see answered in the FAQ. Does the bonus clear in one lump sum or is it cleared $X at a time (like Paradise clears $10 for every 100 hands or whatever). I want to deposit as much as possible, but have a feeling I won't be able to clear the whole thing with school starting on Monday. I barely play 1000 a week now that there isn't school (and that includes multitabling and six-max).

[/ QUOTE ]

It clears in a lump and fairly slowly. You may want to deposit less than the maximum. But still, with all that time . . .

Wyers
08-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Besides the painfully slow rate maybe .

This bonus clears at 7X - probably as good a clearance rate as you are going to find nowadays. 1400 Player Points for $200. Seems pretty fair to me.

This bonus clears quite well at 2/4+.

Realistically, what more do you want?

Pov
08-23-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This bonus clears at 7X - probably as good a clearance rate as you are going to find nowadays. 1400 Player Points for $200. Seems pretty fair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

At $2/$4 it clears about the same as a Party 7x does, but at $1/$2 it clears much much slower because of the .5 points for $.50-$1 rake provision that Party still counts as a full hand. The difference at $1/$2 is huge. My advice - play $2/$4, but some people are still working up to that level and this bonus clears pretty slowly if you are below it.

wonderwes
08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
So to get a point towards your bonus at Pokerroom, a pot has to be above $20. At a 2/4 table that will clear in a decent amount of time. Now from my past experience with PR and what I have read off their site, you do not even have to see the flop to get for a point. If you are dealt cards, fold them pre-flop, and the pot size is $20 to where there is a $1 rake, you will still get a point credit for that hand.

playersare
08-23-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At $2/$4 it clears about the same as a Party 7x does, but at $1/$2 it clears much much slower because of the .5 points for $.50-$1 rake provision that Party still counts as a full hand. The difference at $1/$2 is huge. My advice - play $2/$4, but some people are still working up to that level and this bonus clears pretty slowly if you are below it.

[/ QUOTE ]
$1/2 LHE on pokerroom is still tolerable, because about 20% of the time the pot will be 10BB's or more which will be worth a full player point, making it just under a 10x bonus in the long run (I've done the exact calculations for BW in the past).

but yes, on the rake rebate equivalent for the PR bonus compared to Party skins, the difference is quite apparent.

Pov
08-23-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So to get a point towards your bonus at Pokerroom, a pot has to be above $20. At a 2/4 table that will clear in a decent amount of time. Now from my past experience with PR and what I have read off their site, you do not even have to see the flop to get for a point. If you are dealt cards, fold them pre-flop, and the pot size is $20 to where there is a $1 rake, you will still get a point credit for that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct, but even if it doesn't reach $20 you'll frequently get a half point for a $.50 rake.

Pov
08-23-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
$1/2 LHE on pokerroom is still tolerable, because about 20% of the time the pot will be 10BB's or more which will be worth a full player point, making it just under a 10x bonus in the long run (I've done the exact calculations for BW in the past).

but yes, on the rake rebate equivalent for the PR bonus compared to Party skins, the difference is quite apparent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - it's still not that bad at $1/$2 though if you only had time to do one bonus and you're a $1/$2 player, you're better off doing the Empire 10x than the PokerRoom 7x I guess is what I was trying to get at. But now that I really think about it the nice long time period PokerRoom gives you doesn't really leave you with much excuse not to just do both. Thanks for clarifying my muddy thoughts.

theben
08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
cool

wonderwes
08-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Also if you have a ton of player points, with this promo you can play some free tournaments. Sng's or multis. Now that is a decent offer.
================

Enter multi-table tournaments, qualifiers and single-table tournaments with tickets from the new Tournament Ticket Vendor!

Your Player Points are used as currency!

7 different ticket options are available, and the cost as well as expiration dates work according to this schedule:

Ticket value Cost in Player Points Expiration date
$5+0.50 550 5 days after purchase
$42+3 4,200 10 days after purchase
$50+4 5,000 10 days after purchase
$100+8 10,000 20 days after purchase
$300+20 30,000 January 1, 2006
$400+20 38,000 January 1, 2006
$1,000+0 90,000 October 2, 2005

IronDragon1
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Unless the game has greatly changed-and you can withstand the swings-the $50 PLO and PLO/8 games were very good as most of the players aren't shy about making huge pots.

SoCalRugger
08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also if you have a ton of player points, with this promo you can play some free tournaments. Sng's or multis. Now that is a decent offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's a pretty crappy offer compared to the Bonus Packages they were offering up until yesterday. Under that promo, you could buy a $100 bonus package for 5000 points. Now, the same amount of points only gets you a $50+4 tournament ticket. I'm pretty glad I burned all my points on the bonus packages.

playersare
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it's a pretty crappy offer compared to the Bonus Packages they were offering up until yesterday. Under that promo, you could buy a $100 bonus package for 5000 points. Now, the same amount of points only gets you a $50+4 tournament ticket. I'm pretty glad I burned all my points on the bonus packages.

[/ QUOTE ]
5000 pokerroom points is equivalent to a minimum of $50 on attributed rake paid, so on a net basis it's mathematically about the same in the end. however, since people like to play different games, it would have made more sense to leave both options available.

XxGodJrxX
08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I retract my previous statement. The games are loose enough that the pots get over $20 easily. Over about 250 hands of 1/2, I got about 85 points. Not only that, but they flipped the win switch on for me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dbirider16
08-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Has anybody tried getting a deposit bonus and reload bonus at the same time? I wonder if it's possible.

Pov
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody tried getting a deposit bonus and reload bonus at the same time? I wonder if it's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - I did this when I first signed up for PokerRoom a few months ago. The bonuses will stack unless they've changed their policy since then. But you have to do two separate deposits. First you deposit and get your deposit bonus. Then you deposit again with the reload code to get the reload bonus. I even used the same money when I did it by first depositing, then withdrawing and depositing again.

The thing that threw me a little bit was my reload bonus didn't show up on my bonus account page until after I cleared the pending deposit bonus. As soon as I did it just moved me to the next bonus.

08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I am a relative newb and I was wondering if I should do this Pokerroom bonus.
My online BR is around 1000, from playing 10 and 25 NL and clearing bonuses at paradise and party. I just cleared the party $150 bonus in less than 48 hours playing 25NL. What should my next move be? Should I try to sign up for a RB program or should I clear a few more bonuses first, since I understand that many times you dont get the full bonus if you are signed up through a RB program? FWIW i plan on moving to 50NL soon, and I am pretty clueless about this stuff so any advice would be apreciated.

playersare
08-24-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My online BR is around 1000, from playing 10 and 25 NL and clearing bonuses at paradise and party. I just cleared the party $150 bonus in less than 48 hours playing 25NL. What should my next move be? Should I try to sign up for a RB program or should I clear a few more bonuses first, since I understand that many times you dont get the full bonus if you are signed up through a RB program? FWIW i plan on moving to 50NL soon, and I am pretty clueless about this stuff so any advice would be apreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
you won't clear the pokerroom bonus very fast at those limits. I wouldn't sign up there until you can efficiently play at least 50c/$1 NL blinds.

rakeback is also worth very little at micro limits. concentrate on easy bonuses - and no, rakeback does NOT affect your ability to earn bonuses at ALL.

do all the remaining Party skins + IGMPAY, Absolute, the good Prima sites, and also the Boss/IPN network which is all the rage lately.

Pov
08-24-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second what playersare said and I'm sure he knows much more about it than I do. I am not really a NL player so I've never studied the 25NL or 50NL tables, but I have trouble imagining the pots hitting $20 very frequently. You won't earn any points against your bonus unless there is a $10 pot and you won't earn a full point unless it's $20 so it would likely take a pretty ridiculous number of hands to clear the bonus at this level.

wonderwes
08-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Anyone that has not started a pokerroom account, I know they at least give you a 20% sign up bonus. Their inital deposit bonus is pretty huge. They do a 30% bonus if you do it of BW.
Like I said, I think if you get dealt a hand and the pot is $20 you will still get a point credit even if you dont see the flop.

Pokerroom is one of the better online sites I have tried.

Pov
08-24-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I think if you get dealt a hand and the pot is $20 you will still get a point credit even if you dont see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear for anyone still wondering, whether or not you see the flop is irrelevant. If you were dealt cards, you get the points if the pot size qualifies. I have never played at a site where this is not the case, though I know such sites do exist.

lozen
08-24-2005, 11:59 PM
30 days to clear bonus plus more trffic as hollywood has there big bonus and they are a party skin. I play 4 tables 3/6 and 5/10 and clear it in a day