PDA

View Full Version : T9s too aggressive?

08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
The table is generally loose-passive. Villain is LA-P (53/8/0.78). For some reason I tried to semi-bluff/bluff my way through this hand. Did I play it to aggressivly?

expekt.com 0.10/0.20 Hold 'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO(Villain) calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: (7 SB) 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
3 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, 2 folds, Villain calls, 1 fold, BB calls, 1 fold

Turn: (5 BB) J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls, BB folds

River: (7 BB) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls

Final pot: 9 BB

On the flop I felt that I have to bet to find out if someones got a hand and I have plenty of outs if called. On the turn I pick up an OESD as well, which means I have at least 15 outs (a 9 or a T might also be good with this action). On the river my hand is completly busted and my only chance to win is if I bet and villain has been calling with something like K high and decides to fold.

davelin
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Not sure about your turn bet. Definitely don't like the river bet IMO.

Rev. Good Will
08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
if the dude can't find the fold button, I don't like it one bit

08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely don't like the river bet IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nick Royale
08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I agree with your first sentence, but I strongly consider a follow up on the river since it got HU. Drawing hands will fold and we don't beat hands like A/K-high.

EDIT: Besides, on 0.10/0.20 people mihght call down with one overcard trying to get lucky, but fold when they don't succeed.

grjr
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I agree with your first sentence, but I strongly consider a follow up on the river since it got HU. Drawing hands will fold and we don't beat hands like A/K-high.

EDIT: Besides, on 0.10/0.20 people mihght call down with one overcard trying to get lucky, but fold when they don't succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would bet the river with less than A high but that Q on the river was the worst possible card. Nobody is folding an ace when the board double pairs.

McGahee
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I like the river bet.
The turn is questionable.