PDA

View Full Version : JT on the button (6max)

Abelardo
08-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Both SB and UTG seem loose preflop, and postflop SB is more aggressive, I decided that I would call down after his bet on the turn, sould I rise somewhere or just call down after his bet (or fold)? Thanks.

Abelardo

MrWookie47
08-23-2005, 11:31 AM
I think this is good. The SB's range of possible hands is huge, from 22 to 3x, and, especially at game time, it's hard to tell if you're ahead of 55% of them to give you the equity to raise.

grjr
08-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I'd like it a lot better if it weren't SB that is betting out when an undercard hits the turn. More often than not he has something like Q6 and checked the flop to see what happens. Either that or he had a stronger Q and whiffed on a check/raise.

I still call the river but would expect to lose 3 out of 4 times.