PDA

View Full Version : AT for 2nd pair - typical raise-or-fold situation.

Akimka
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
BB is TAG
UTG+1 is TAG
MP2 is loose/agressive (32/8) not maniac but definatly play more hands than optimum.
CO is TAG

why the hell I am sitting on this table? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So what our pitiful hero should do here?

About raise

Pros:
We very likely have a best hand here
Our raise should force other players out unless they beat us out or have FD.

Cons:
Bank is small
If we got reraised here (very likely from TAGs) we are in deep s...t

So - what to do here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero should?

Nick Royale
08-23-2005, 11:02 AM
I fold both preflop and flop

SackUp
08-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Raise preflop. This is not a good multiway hand. Try to isolate the limper and the hand will play out much differently.

How you played this it is a pretty easy fold.

Akimka
08-23-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold both preflop and flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bother you but I want to improve my PF skills - what if instead of AT I would have 56s? Or 33?

krimson
08-23-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to bother you but I want to improve my PF skills - what if instead of AT I would have 56s? Or 33?

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes the situation somewhat worse no? 56s is an easy muck from that position, 33 is a marginal call on a good table. But your not on a good table, your on a table full of TAG's and a LAG is acting behind you. I would just muck it, since the chance of being raised behind and possibly 3-bet is reasonable.

On this hand, I would have raised AT, your in reasonable shape against a standard TAG's UTG limping range and you don't want to invite people into a multi-way pot by limping.

toss
08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
33 would be an easy call here. 56s is too weak to play in this position. ATo runs into trouble when you have a lot of people to act after you.

Nick Royale
08-23-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
56s is an easy muck. 33 I use to limp here, but at this table with 2 TAGs and 1 LAGish player I seriously consider folding.

Nick Royale
08-23-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On this hand, I would have raised AT, your in reasonable shape against a standard TAG's UTG limping range and you don't want to invite people into a multi-way pot by limping.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too early position to try to isolate a limping TAG IMO.