PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bet this turn

Asim
08-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I actually played this hand a really long time ago, I was looking for a different hand to post about.. so I dont remember reads precisely... 2 questions:

1) call/raise/fold preflop?
2) bet the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

davelin
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I normally pitch this pre-flop. Yeah I'd bet the turn.

08-23-2005, 09:53 AM
With no reads.....

PF: I don't like the cold call preflop. i raise this.
Flop: good
Turn: bet
River: My play would be to bet this as well. Although I dont know if this is the best play....still learning this on the fly.

I went past the 2 questions...sorry

imported_The Vibesman
08-23-2005, 10:00 AM
I reraise preflop with this a lot, but a case could be made for any action. If your preflop raiser is especially tight you may want to just fold. I'd usually raise or fold here, but I don't coldcall much either.

I'd bet the turn. Do you remember why you didn't? Sometimes you may get checkraised by UTG+1 but often your hand is still good.

Button either has a low- to mid-pocket pair or is a nice calling station. Or the slowplayed AA.

Asim
08-23-2005, 10:03 AM
thinking back, i think it was because I have seen the initial raiser raise with weaker aces, AJs is a pretty strong hand.. however, I really did not want to open the field to a raising war... i think reraising would have been a good play, to possibly get rid of the BB... who endeed up winning.. he was playing KQ from BB hehe

08-23-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he was playing KQ from BB hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

very weak play. he let you out easy enough

imported_The Vibesman
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trips on the river and no raise. Some folks just don't like money.

Asim
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very weak play. he let you out easy enough

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did.. and I am thankful of that hehehe

McGahee
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I reraise preflop with this a lot, but a case could be made for any action. If your preflop raiser is especially tight you may want to just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even without a read AJ should be an easy muck with an EP raise in front of you.

numeri
08-23-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you mean Button. (blinds folded pre-flop)

I fold this pre-flop without a specific reads. If I know that the raiser is loose with his/her raises, I'll 3-bet to isolate. Calling is the worst option.

deception5
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this pre-flop without a specific reads. If I know that the raiser is loose with his/her raises, I'll 3-bet to isolate. Calling is the worst option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. And definitely bet the turn.

Fryguy
08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
AJo I might lay down, but AJs + position and I'll re-raise this here.

I check this turn here, just because I'm not sure what I would do if I were raised. It would be a pretty tough laydown, whereas calling is probably throwing away money.

fizzleboink
08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I know that SSH advocates cold-calling with AJs against a raise but I'm not really sure why.

If the raiser was tight I'd muck, if his PFR was higher than 10% I'd reraise.