PDA

View Full Version : QQ Overpair on Turn - WWYD?

TemetNosce
08-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Party 2/4 (10 Handed)

I have played two orbits. The only read I have is that the blinds have not played many hands to this point and appear to be tight.

Hero has Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP1

Preflop : UTG Limps, 1 Fold, UTG + 2 Limps, Hero raises, 4 Folds, SB reraises, BB caps, UTG Folds, UTG + 2 Folds, Hero Calls, SB calls

Flop (3 Players): 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (14SB)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB raises, BB raises, Hero calls, SB calls

Turn (3 Players):2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (13BB)
SB Bets, BB Raises, Hero ???

fivecube
08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
There is a bit on playing over pairs in HPFAP. I think calling is the best strategy.

TemetNosce
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks, been a while since I read HPFAP.

mattw
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I voted for calling but I dont like my situation in this hand. The pot has been capped PF and on the flop. My guess is that Im looking at AA or KK or maybe both. I think the pot is too large to fold now. I would be hoping the river doesn't get expensive. If the river gets capped, Im probably reluctantly calling all the way. Again the pot is too big to fold now. Even if an A or K falls, Im there till the bitter end. I hate to fold and see the donks show TT and 88.

Personally, I would probably not be in this hand. I wouldnt call 2 bets cold with the possiblity of getting reraised. I realize most poker books to say to cap with QQ but my experience is that Im up against a better hand. I can find a better time to spew chips.

Also, since I primarily play NL, I'm not going to lose my stack over ladies. Kinda like my personal life. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

davet
08-23-2005, 08:39 PM
MattW, capping preflop is great strategy in limit play, simply because the chance of actually facing AA or KK is much smaller. Limit play is full of action players who will cap with all kinds of garbage, perhaps because of the limit. Statistically, vs. so many players, you are looking at a large pot equity, at these times you have to put your money in the pot.

I will say call the turn as well.

cold_cash
08-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Unless both of these guys are retarded at least one of them is beating QQ.