PDA

View Full Version : Bad call on the river?

odawg09090
08-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I raised Kd 10d suited because I was trying to steal but got played back on. Also, when the turn Ace came, I bet to see where I was, I would have folded to a raise. And I decided to call the river bet because no one showed any aggro when I bet the turn and it was a big pot. What line should I have taken?

Edit: Not enough hands for reads.

PartyPoker - $3/$6 Texas - 5 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PreFlop
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 5 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 8 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 11 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">Button BETS</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

Final Pot:14 BB

odawg09090
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
^

ZZZ
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I think this is all perfectly fine. Would be tough to fold the river getting 13:1 when no one has shown much real strength.

ZZZ

08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I would play it the same

smartalecc5
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I do like the color though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guy McSucker
08-23-2005, 05:03 PM
My problem with this is that you're overcalling on the river. SB thinks he has enough hand to beat the Button's bet some of the time. That probably means he can beat your KT, but who knows?

It's a funny hand. I would prefer betting the river than checking, precisely because this decision is so tough.

I think SB usually has us beat here though, and Button does some of the time too. Whether this adds up to a fold I don't know.

Guy.

wackjob
08-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Why did you check the river? The river check sucks.

PennDisc
08-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Button could have complete bs here if he is a bad player (or even if he's a good player that made a weird pf coldcall with QJ or something), but I can't see how the SB would have a hand that you're beating. You'd have to have a read that SB 3bets a raiser and a coldcaller with his bad position with nothing and goes to showdown with it. Assuming he would only 3bet here with a big A or PP, you're losing to everything except for 88 or less, and most wouldn't 3bet 2 people from the SB with those hands.

yanicehand
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised Kd 10d suited because I was trying to steal but got played back on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a big problem with raising KTs, but it seems a little odd to try and steal the blinds from UTG.

odawg09090
08-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the responses guys