PDA

View Full Version : any good players having trouble making money online?

08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
in the beginning of the year i was unstoppable. no matter what web site i went to i always atleast tripled my investment. the last couple of months have been very cold for me. i don't know if its me or what. i've had swings of 3k up and down over just a weekend.

my main game is 1/2nl even though i do like to try higher limits sometimes. i play more tournaments then i should. tournaments for the most part are just recreation for me. i'm just not sure where to go from here to improve my game. any help would be appreciated.

colgin
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in the beginning of the year i was unstoppable. no matter what web site i went to i always atleast tripled my investment. the last couple of months have been very cold for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to variance.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just not sure where to go from here to improve my game. any help would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start posting some hands. If you are playing 1/2 NL then post in the Small Stakes Pot Limit/No Limit forum.

Also, make sure you are not tilting when losing.

Good luck.

BottlesOf
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
No "good player" should have "trouble making money online." Colgin's advice, while not offering any quick solution, is spot on.

08-23-2005, 10:37 AM
i've taken my share of beats like all of us here. i feel i have a good understanding of the game and don't know where i'm going wrong. i'm constantly reading up on here and reevaluating my game. i'll start posting some hand histories as suggested.

i think a major problem i have is calling on the river if cheap enough when drawn out on.

BottlesOf
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i think a major problem i have is calling on the river if cheap enough when drawn out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=862129&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

08-23-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=862129&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

[/ QUOTE ]

informative reply, thank you

lozen
08-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Its actually the opposite for me. Doing way better than a year ago. Stepped down a limit and doing great

DiabloVt7
08-23-2005, 02:32 PM
honestly i do not get how you are up and down $3,000 on a weekend playing 1/2NL. thats 30 buyins and i dont think variance should be that high. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bobbyi
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
honestly i do not get how you are up and down $3,000 on a weekend playing 1/2NL. thats 30 buyins and i dont think variance should be that high. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No, at most sites that would be 15 buyins and variance can be that high on occassion. But swinging up and down 15 buyins regularly is not normal.