PDA

View Full Version : TPLK coord board, villain 3 bet

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 09:01 AM
1 pound crypto full handed.

I get A/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB. EP limps, MP LAG limps, HJ limps, I check. 4 to the flop:

A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, checks to HJ who bets, I raise, folds to HJ who 3 bets, I call.

Turn 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5BB)

Check check

River 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet...

oreogod
08-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I probably lead this flop. As for his line, really weird unless he has J9...Im not sure which is better, c/c or bet (tired right now). But my first reaction was easy value bet. 2nd reaction...well if he doesnt fold to it that is.

EDIT: I think c/c is better. because hes probably not calling w/ much (that u beat) and checking gives him a chance to bet at it.

jrz1972
08-23-2005, 09:19 AM
What hands could villain have that would 3-bet the flop and then call a river bet that you beat?

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Didn't have a real read but my guess is any pair with a jack or king.

I actually did check the river in the real hand but after I thought a bet was better (no pun intended). I was hoping to induce a bluff by checking, but he probably has more than just the gutshot, a pair to go along with it, and will probably check behind if it's less than aces.

oreogod
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Bleh, guess thats why I try and stick w/ my first reaction to situations like this. Its unlikely you are looking at an ace here...usually either j9 or some QJ, KT..etc.

08-23-2005, 10:09 AM
That was my guess too, oreo.

He three-bet the flop to buy the turn card for half price. He may have had a backdoor flush draw as well that he wanted to see cheaply.

grjr
08-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Dave G's hand converter (http://home.satx.rr.com/alphadeals/converter1.0.zip ) works for Crypto now.

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave G's hand converter (http://home.satx.rr.com/alphadeals/converter1.0.zip ) works for Crypto now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! I've got a shiteload of hands I wanted to post but couldn't be bothered to type out. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit: In case anyone plays the pound tables and wants to use the convertor, a simple find and replace £ with $ will get it to work.