PDA

View Full Version : whiff

oreogod
08-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Okay, what do u guys do here. Normally I bet this flop, but CO was a pretty aggressive lag, maybe I should have bet to get him to raise the field, dunno I was going to value, but then everyone folded. what do u think (all streets)?

I was also pretty sure this river was getting checked behind. Still felt like I took the wrong line, dunno.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Rev. Good Will
08-23-2005, 10:04 AM
hey, good read. if you bet, raised, and put HU, it would have blew soooo much. sometimes we want a C/R for value and not enough people join the party, it happens.

nice hand

Paxosmotic
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, pretty easy c/r for value there, and everyone that folded sucks. Guess it is hard to stick around if you don't have a king where there's two on the board.

bozlax
08-23-2005, 10:22 AM
"Pretty aggressive lag" &lt;&gt; "will bet a paired, two-tone flop for me." I bet this flop, and take the chance on the LAG raising and facing the field with 2. If it's been obvious that he's a LAG, then his raise may distract everyone from my bet, too.

benkath1
08-23-2005, 10:49 AM
with your reads it looks good. I'da probably bet the flop to try and trap CO for one or check raised and led turn.

oreogod
08-23-2005, 07:50 PM
so if I have no reads, everyone pretty much agrees this is a flop bet, correct?

Yeah, to bad everyone folded, I was going to for a sweet CR, oh well.

Fantam
08-23-2005, 08:00 PM
I dont think that there are too many hands that are going to bet this flop. A King, 3 or pocket pair are the most likely hands that will bet.

I think that you may as well have bet the flop yourself, instead of hoping that CO would bet it. That would also have given you some semi-bluff value by representing the K if no one else had it.

You had to check the turn.

I think that you may have had a good chance of a check/raise succeeding on the river. Normally I would value bet the river with the likely best hand.

However, in this hand you have been calling the whole way to showdown, while button was betting. So I think there was probably a reasonably good chance that button would bet the river if you had checked.

baronzeus
08-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Looks fine.

Did you lose your bankroll to drugs or something?

Paxosmotic
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's another bankroll rebuilding project.

oreogod
08-23-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Ive never had to rebuild a bankroll. I basically hand .95 cents in pokerstars from way back when on my first intial deposit...came back to it 7 months later, just for shits and giggles building up another one.

My usual limit is 5/10. But Ive been getting killed lately...(pokergrader has my luck at -25 the past two weeks). So sometimes I turn into a giant vagina.

AK-AJs are all losers in PT. AA has 25 percent win raite. KK 50 percent, QQ 45 percent. Pretty sucky, 2-3 outers galoure, not that I mind, just brutal.

oreogod
08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
So while Im getting killed I thought Id play the project. Seemed like a good time to.

Paxosmotic
08-23-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So while Im getting killed I thought Id play the project. Seemed like a good time to.

[/ QUOTE ]Currently giving away my money at 2/4 if you need a hug.

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So sometimes I turn into a giant vagina.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew this already.