PDA

View Full Version : 30 3 handed annoying turn problem

bugstud
08-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Party Poker (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font> I raise, BB 3 bets, I cap, he calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I bet and he calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I bet, he raises.

Opp has been rather tight for 3 handed. So, which one of my 3 options looks best here?

EDIT was to remove river, since that wasn't part of the question

Anders_G
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I'd prolly 3-bet the turn but given your read maybe calling down is better, but that seem a bit sub-par. If i had two overcards i'd prolly play them the way villain did, which makes the river ace really ugly but at that point the pot is prolly big enough for you to check/call with any two.

flawless_victory
08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
i dont know what youre asking, but on the river, id bet and fold if he raises, but i think check/calling looks good too.
the turn is an easy threebet.

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 07:35 AM
3 bet this, especially if your table image is LAGgy. You need more of a read than he's just rather tight to not 3 bet it. Check call river.

bugstud
08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know what youre asking, but on the river, id bet and fold if he raises, but i think check/calling looks good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not that sure, or even sure at all, that I am a favorite to his turn range.

Anders_G
08-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Betting the river looks like a bad idea to me. You'll only lose more against hands that beat you but you'll prolly not get a call from a worse hand often enough

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands you been playing with him? I can play rather tight 3 handed if I'm getting junk and I would play alot of high cards like this, especially if I think you're trying to push me around.

bugstud
08-23-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands you been playing with him? I can play rather tight 3 handed if I'm getting junk and I would play alot of high cards like this, especially if I think you're trying to push me around.

[/ QUOTE ]

about 70 from that table 50 of it 3-4 handed

AlwaysWrong
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I guess the question here is how have the previous blind confrontations gone? If he's been folding a ton and you've been raising a ton, he might have just gone over the edge and decided that you can't have it every time. In this case I think you're a solid favorite as he could have the whole range of pocket pairs as well as overcards.

If he's been playing too tight but doing ok, I think it's more likely that he's playing this hand honestly and you're not a favorite. If he's honest, the only hand I think you're beating here is 99.

bugstud
08-23-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the question here is how have the previous blind confrontations gone? If he's been folding a ton and you've been raising a ton, he might have just gone over the edge and decided that you can't have it every time. In this case I think you're a solid favorite as he could have the whole range of pocket pairs as well as overcards.

If he's been playing too tight but doing ok, I think it's more likely that he's playing this hand honestly and you're not a favorite. If he's honest, the only hand I think you're beating here is 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

during my play of the hand my read and intent were really in the latter camp.