PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Tens

Silverback
08-23-2005, 06:21 AM
Hand 1
Button, a 20vp 15 player, post flop agg 3.3 (not inc pre flop), att to steal blinds 33%,
I know I was over aggressive on the flop.

Comments all streets please.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

================================================== ======
Hand 2
BB a 43vp 12 pfr player. Aggression 1.36 (not inc pre flop)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.66 BB

=================================================

thesharpie
08-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Hand 1, reraise preflop. I don't mind a flop check raise if you can get away from it on the turn if he 3 bets. Don't cap the flop!

Hand 2, unless you think he's a LAG I fold to the turn raise. Do you have any decent read on him?

Anders_G
08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
You should play your tens for a re-raise preflop. Stop cold-calling preflop altogether.

See, your sloppy preflop play puts you in a situation on the flop where you cannot really put villain on a Q but you're also in a situation where he doesn't really give you any credits for your hand which is bad because TT unimproved isn't the strongest of holdings.

I agree that check-raising is the best play postflop but I would call the 3-bet and hope for a miracle rather than capping a hand which, most of the time, is quite a dog.

Given the way that you played you should possibly bet the river

---

In hand 2 fold to the turn-raise. WP otherwise.

EDIT: Dang, theshapie managed to answer before me. Sorry if everything I say looks like a rewrite of his words. Still, great minds think alike /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RunDownHouse
08-23-2005, 09:48 AM
The pf CC is especially painful when coming out of the SB.

08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
1st hand. 3bet the flop, but after that I think u did ok.

2 hand. I would have folded on turn or river. Think u are up against Ax diamond or a flopped 2pair. Since he checkraised u on turn with that ace hitting means he in not afraid u having AK or other A with good kicker. I think he has u beat alot of times here.

Silverback
08-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Normally Id reraise pocket pairs down to 99.
Dont know why I called, but I fully realise now it was poor play.
thanks