PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 15/30 A3s

jason_t
08-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Preflop: I am MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
LPP tool limps UTG, old LPP limps MP1, I limp, tricky LAG in CO limps, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7.00 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000ff">(7 players)</font>
Checked around.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000ff">(7 players)</font>
Checked to me, <font color="#cc3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#cc3333">CO raises</font>, folded to BB, BB calls, folded to me, I call.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000ff">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, I....

What's your plan?

JTG51
08-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Bet. Getting checked around sucks and getting 3-bet sucks. Betting eliminates both of those things (I'm ignoring the possibility of CO raising and BB 3-betting since that'll happen so rarely).

08-23-2005, 05:55 AM
I guess you will be ahead here the vast majority of times, so I would bet it. I guess KJ, AT and AQ all would have been bet on the flop.
I would expect to see the CO have some T most of the time, but I might be to optimistic?
I normally play 3/6 or 5/10, this is not really my level.

private joker
08-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Bet/call.

aK13
08-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Bet, call a raise.

shant
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Is the turn call automatic? Were you going to showdown unimproved?

jason_t
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the turn call automatic? Were you going to showdown unimproved?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the turn call is close and I'm unsure about it. I hoped that posters would analyze that decision. I wasn't going to showdown UI.

meep_42
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm having trouble putting CO on a hand here. Next to last to act, would he be betting a T? 44+?

I don't think he's raising the turn with the KJ OESD, so unless he got 22-33, Hero has the best hand here, but anything else and he's checking behind on the river.

I say bet/call, maybe he has A2s and thought you were buying the pot - maybe he has a mid-pair, but I don't think he's betting with a lot of his possible hands, but he's calling with some.

-d

Moozh
08-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I think the turn call is close. I'm somewhat torn. At first I figured it was an automatic fold, but then after the flop action, there is a decent chance CO is bluffing. When it's back to you the pot is laying you 8.5:1, so I think you can peel.

The river I think is a clear bet and call a raise. After the flop action, there's no guarantee that anyone has any type of a strong hand. Add that to the overall passiveness on the river of live play and I don't think you can count on CO betting the river for you. Unfortunately, it's also possible you're still dominated by AT, but very unlikely as you'd expect CO to bet it on the flop. The only other hand CO can have that has you beat is a poorly played set of 2s. It's also possible that BB was calling along with KJ, which is the only real drawing hand out there. Thus, if he check-raises you can't like it, but I don't think I could fold with Aces up for one more bet on the river.

brettbrettr
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
My first thought was the c/r but seems there's too high a probability of this one being checked through. I bet.

sfer
08-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Bet. Bad river card for sexy.

Hoi Polloi
08-23-2005, 04:57 PM
If CO missed his c/r on the flop when Btn didn't autobet then he has you beat on the turn. You're getting 6.5 to 1 on the call with at most 5 outs; thin call. BB throws in 2 bets giving you the right odds--nice guy.

Bet your lucky draw on the river.

Entity
08-23-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet. Bad river card for sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

SmileyEH
08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Looks like an easy bet. I like the "dont want 3bets going in" reasoning.

-SmileyEH

oreogod
08-23-2005, 09:04 PM
CO is a tricky lag...when it comes back to u on the turn you are getting 8.5:1 on a call. If u think u have 5 good outs, dont see a problem w/ it. CO could have lots of things, BBs CC is intresting. But then again, on that board is the A a full 3 outs?

As far as the river, bet. My first reaction was CR but that is not a good card to try and CR on.

Stellastarr
08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet. I like the "dont want 3bets going in" reasoning.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t
08-24-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree very strongly.

SmileyEH
08-24-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's an easy check? Why did you post the hand?

-SmileyEH

jason_t
08-24-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's an easy check? Why did you post the hand?

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that it's easy in either direction.

SmileyEH
08-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Well I dunno then. I mean for a 2+2'er, A5o UTG is an easy fold, but not so for a first time player. A close decision for one could be an easy one for another. In your hand I would bet, while it wouldn't be an instant decision, I wouldn't be concerned that I was coming down on the wrong side either. So for me it is an easy bet.

-SmileyEH

jason_t
08-24-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I dunno then. I mean for a 2+2'er, A5o UTG is an easy fold, but not so for a first time player. A close decision for one could be an easy one for another. In your hand I would bet, while it wouldn't be an instant decision, I wouldn't be concerned that I was coming down on the wrong side either. So for me it is an easy bet.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a proponent of thinking and not making mistakes.

Entity
08-24-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised you think this is close at all. Once you call the turn raise he's less likely to bluff if he's tricky, but I don't c/r and fold to 3-bet against LAGs, and I don't check-call with 2pr, and I want 2 bets to go in on this river at most.

SmileyEH
08-24-2005, 02:02 AM
thank you.

-SmileyEH

jason_t
08-24-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised you think this is close at all. Once you call the turn raise he's less likely to bluff if he's tricky, but I don't c/r and fold to 3-bet against LAGs, and I don't check-call with 2pr, and I want 2 bets to go in on this river at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB doesn't influence your actions at all?

Entity
08-24-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB doesn't influence your actions at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough to alter my plans much. If it goes bet-raise-3bet I fold, but that's about it. I don't think you're getting raised all that often on this river anyway.

Rob

Eurotrash
08-24-2005, 02:14 AM
hi jason

you must bet here jason.

JTG51
08-24-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try to make an argument for anything other than betting and calling a raise?

Rezman5
08-24-2005, 03:40 AM
What kind of player is the BB? For some reason this looks like a poorly played KJ on his part. Or maybe I just dont think on the bright side. I think you should probably bet and call a raise. If its 2 more back to you, easy fold. You wouldnt want this to be checked through.

Hoi Polloi
08-24-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is a tricky lag...when it comes back to u on the turn you are getting 8.5:1 on a call. If u think u have 5 good outs, dont see a problem w/ it. CO could have lots of things, BBs CC is intresting. But then again, on that board is the A a full 3 outs?

As far as the river, bet. My first reaction was CR but that is not a good card to try and CR on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the turn action on my earlier post. Your call here is not a mistake if you think you have 5 clean outs. You hit one of your outs, so why wouldn't you bet it? If you thought an A on the river is tainted, why did you call the turn?