PDA

View Full Version : Accessing a computer through wireless router?

Gregg777
08-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Hi all,

I have two computers hooked up to a NetGear wireless router for dSL purposes. Is it possible to access the second computer through my laptop via the wireless router?

icepick
08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Yes.

<font color="white">Oh, you want to know how as well. Well, that depends on what you mean by "access". If you want to share files, just make sure you're in the same Workgroup, and share a folder. </font>

Bradyams
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Oh, you want to know how as well. Well, that depends on what you mean by "access". If you want to share files, just make sure you're in the same Workgroup, and share a folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted to get rid of the annoying invisible response.

jnalpak
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Oh, you want to know how as well. Well, that depends on what you mean by "access". If you want to share files, just make sure you're in the same Workgroup, and share a folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted to get rid of the annoying invisible response.

[/ QUOTE ]

if its XPpro just right click and choose share/security and set accordingly.

Gregg777
08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks Bradyams! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am using XP Home. I was told to get VNC, then set one computer as the server, the other as the client.

jnalpak
08-23-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. I was told to get VNC, then set one computer as the server, the other as the client.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNC should do the trick or you could run terminal service right into it...from RUN type mstsc or mstsc /console if youll be doing any LIGHT installing