PDA

View Full Version : What movie should I get

housenuts
08-23-2005, 02:52 AM
well i unofficially retired from OOT but i come back crawling to pose a very important question. i feel like watching a movie. i don't get in a movie watching mood very often because i get restless but right now is the perfect time to hunker down and watch a movie.

here's some movies i like in no particular order

black hawk down
anchorman
the interpreter
dazed & confused
the great escape

anyways anything but rom coms (romantic comedies) should be acceptable

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Royal Tenenbaums.

CamelZoo
08-23-2005, 03:02 AM
training day will not disappoint a man in a movie-watching mood

WillMagic
08-23-2005, 03:03 AM
Dr. Strangelove or The Third Man.

Will

Eurotrash
08-23-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he speaks the truth. Training Day was a sweet movie

housenuts
08-23-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Royal Tenenbaums.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hated that movie

Blarg
08-23-2005, 03:19 AM
The Great Escape is one I've been wanting to give another try to for a long time, but it's always been so boring when I've seen it on t.v. cut into 250 parts by commercials. It doesn't have a kind of driving momentum needed to survive that butchery.

I liked Black Hawk Down a lot. Long and serious -- that's a hunkering down movie.

Anchorman was great fun. Good to wash the Black Hawk Down out of your system and get back in an upbeat mood.

I haven't seen the other two, so that's how I'd arrange a good long double-feature.

Reef
08-23-2005, 03:30 AM
zoolander?

ptmusic
08-23-2005, 03:33 AM
Have you seen every Meg Ryan movie?
Also, that Hugh Grant has made some dandies lately.

-ptmusic

TheCroShow
08-23-2005, 03:37 AM
cannot go wrong with Sin City, best comic book movie IMO =O

housenuts
08-23-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cannot go wrong with Sin City, best comic book movie IMO =O

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, i just rolled over to my friends house earlier today and caught the last hour of that. i've already seen it before.

as for hugh grant, ya, he's probably my favourite actor. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MrMon
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Saving Private Ryan.

Can't do better than that for sheer intensity.

imported_The Vibesman
08-23-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he speaks the truth. Training Day was a sweet movie

[/ QUOTE ]

I would recommend "Dark Blue" with Kurt Russell, over Training Day. Dark Blue is the movie Training Day wanted to be.

M2d
08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
used cars

swede123
08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
If you're into War movies and haven't watched Band of Brothers, do so right now! I just started watching the entire series again, finished Bastogne last night, damn it's intense. Best content ever made for television, no contest.

Swede

Shajen
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're into War movies and haven't watched Band of Brothers, do so right now! I just started watching the entire series again, finished Bastogne last night, damn it's intense. Best content ever made for television, no contest.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.starlightcanada.com/correct.gif

housenuts
08-23-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're into War movies and haven't watched Band of Brothers, do so right now!

[/ QUOTE ]

please

jakethebake
08-23-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Saving Private Ryan.

[/ QUOTE ]

that opening scene gave me flashbacks. after that meh.

codewarrior
08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Cube Zero.

Shajen
08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
flashbacks to what? D-Day?

I thought you were 35-36?

Or are you talking about the old man at the cemetary?

Cause that scene gets me every damned time.

jakethebake
08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36. There have been other armed conflicts since D-Day.

durron597
08-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Gladiator.

swede123
08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
You were in Iraq then? Didn't the marines do that diversionary maneuver from the Gulf while the Army came in the other way?

Swede

jakethebake
08-23-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were in Iraq then? Didn't the marines do that diversionary maneuver from the Gulf while the Army came in the other way?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a few places...and nice troll. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
08-23-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36. There have been other armed conflicts since D-Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrMon
08-23-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I thought you were 35-36?

Or are you talking about the old man at the cemetary?

Cause that scene gets me every damned time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. There isn't much in the movies that can make me cry, but I always get teary at that scene in the beginning.

samjjones
08-23-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.threemoviebuffs.com/miscreview/planetoftheapes1968_3.jpg

Brainwalter
08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyways anything but rom coms (romantic comedies) should be acceptable

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a romantic comedy with zombies?

The Stranger
08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Repo Man.

bustedchucks
08-23-2005, 04:22 PM
i just re-watched memento. very cool movie.

am i the only one who thought training day was kind of cheesy. that ghetto? c'mon. that was just so ridiculously over the top. there is no place in the world that even approaches that. ruined it for me, i couldnt get past that.

samjjones
08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

am i the only one who thought training day was kind of cheesy. that ghetto? c'mon. that was just so ridiculously over the top. there is no place in the world that even approaches that. ruined it for me, i couldnt get past that.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it definitely had its flaws. But Denzel gives a great performance in it, and that makes up for a lot.

irishpint
08-23-2005, 04:24 PM
i dont read threads that are long and full of opinions like movies, but i would throw super troopers into any mix since it's the best movie in history. retort.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
rom coms (romantic comedies)

[/ QUOTE ]
Instead of coming up with a gay name for them that you then have to explain in parentheses, why don't you just say "chick flicks"?

imported_The Vibesman
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like Training Day at all, and I usually dig Denzel in whatever he's in. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Dark Blue is a similiar but superior movie.

swede123
08-23-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it definitely had its flaws. But Denzel gives a great performance in it, and that makes up for a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? That was lazy formulaic Denzel. He's made numerous movies where he did a hell of a better job acting. If you want to see him portray a shady, troubled inner city guy watch "He Got Game" sometime. Or check out "The Hurricane." The acadamy's tendency to give out best actor/director awards based on lifetime merit instead of one particular movie is pretty goofy. Just give out more lifetime achievement awards if that's what you want to do, no need to rob the actual best movies of the year of their honors.

Swede

Duffman
08-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Watch Blood In Blood Out.

It's longer - over 2hrs, but it's f'n badass.

swede123
08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Instead of coming up with a gay name for them that you then have to explain in parentheses, why don't you just say "chick flicks"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally missed this in the original post. Calling chick flicks "Rom Coms" is pretty much a sign you like big cacks up your butt.

Swede

jakethebake
08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

housenuts
08-24-2005, 06:43 AM
i hate you guys