PDA

View Full Version : My Fantasy Football team.

08-23-2005, 02:04 AM
12 Team League

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 RB/WR/TE, 3 WR/TE, 1 PK, 1 DT

1 point per 10 yards rushing
1 point per 10 yards receiving
1 point per 20 yards passing
1 point per reception

6 points for each rushing TD
6 points for each receiving TD
4 points for each passing TD
-1 points for each INT

QB-McNabb, Losman
RB-McAllister, R. Johnson, Martin, Bettis, Droughns, Anderson
WR-Fitzgerald, Bruce, Muhammad, Burress, McCardell, McCareins
PK-Janikowski
DT-Cowboys

I took Curtis Martin over some 2nd tier receivers like Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson in the 3rd. Was he too good to pass up or should I have just drafted for need? Rest of team good or bad?

SossMan
08-23-2005, 02:08 AM
you got mcnabb in the 4th?

[ QUOTE ]
I took Curtis Martin over some 2nd tier receivers like Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson in the 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

LBJ
08-23-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm not crazy about it. I would've passed Curtis Martin and gone with someone else. You say you drafted Martin in the 3rd round? What person out of Rudi Johnson, Deuce McAllister, and Donovan Mcnabb slipped to the 4th round. That was a great pick there, although obvious IMO.

I think you should consider trading C Martin to a team in your league in need of a RB for a WR, you need help there. With a league that basically only uses 2 WR's, which can include top TE's like Gates, Gonzo, your WR's are extremely weak. I would package Curtis Martin and one of your WRs (Fitzgerald, Bruce, Mushin) for a good to great WR, and then you're team will be much better. Look for a WR that gets a lot of catches, since your league awards 1 pt per catch.

JayLear
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Pretty tough to pass up Andre Johnson for Martin when you've already got two backs.You can't play 3 backs, right?