PDA

View Full Version : QJo in emp

slavic
08-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Live 4/8

I sat down a couple downs ago, and I haven't played a hand yet. The table is quite dreamy, 2 players that player every hand, a couple that play only 2/3rds of them, everything to the river, one player who almost knows what he's doing. In fact he plays like he read SSHE but didn't really get it. They raise better hands, call with weaker, yadda yadda. So it's been 37 hands, I've folded, not even suited crap out of the blinds. The dealers even look at me odd.

Then it happens on Dealer number four (actually 5 the poker manager dealt 5 hands to spell one dealer) QJo in emp, two folds by two super loose players. Hmmm wow can't open this no chance to steal the blinds, hate to limp and see a raise, we do have a raiser back there and he does look interested in his hand. It's one of those marginal chit hands, odd of my to think that since everyone at this table would play it for 2 bets, but oh well I really don't have a good plan for it here. I should probably muck, but I haven't really played you know.

So I go to muck but for some reason I fumble, and flip over my hand. QJo, I pick up the cards and stare at them kind of longingly, and say, "oh well no since in playing them now" and toss them into the muck.

38 hands, wonder of I can hit 50? ahh bliss.

KramerTM
08-23-2005, 01:32 AM
That was the wordiest story where nothing happens ever.

Good fold, BTW.

cold_cash
08-23-2005, 01:40 AM
I would have limped.

toss
08-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Why do I end up reading some long posts while not reading other posts after the 4th word.

Maybe something about the writing style.

slavic
08-23-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I end up reading some long posts while not reading other posts after the 4th word.

Maybe something about the writing style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just trying to create a picture for you. I haven't played much live lately, it takes quite a bit of patience to iron butt those games. Especially the low stakes waiting for the bigger ones. But then ----

"Is playing tight in poker hard to do? Sitting there all day without playing very many hands? Folding hands hour after hour? Let's put this issue in perspective. We're talking about free money here .... Remember that there are people toiling from dawn to dusk in disagreeable jobs for money--digging ditches, doing roadwork in the hot sun, washing dishes in restaurants fourteen hours a day .... All we're being asked to do .... is sit in a comfortable card room and play tight" - Larry W Phillips The Tao of Poker

toss
08-23-2005, 01:58 AM
Yours was one of the long posts I've read through. It held my attention for some reason.