PDA

View Full Version : Regarding blind defense

krubban
08-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Hello everyone. I've just started encountering much more blind steal situations since moving up to 5/10 and I read a thread a while ago recommending what range of hands to defend with and so on.
Just recently when i looked through pt i noticed that my numbers in the BB are very bad. Some of it might be because i'm running bad at the moment but i still struggle with defending from stealraises.
I usually just defend with a flop or fold tactic which doesn't seem very optimal at all since the villain can pick up so many pots when he didn't hit either.
atm my fold BB to steal is 55%.

Looking for some advice whether you think i should tighten up in my defense or just be more aggressive and try to resteal some missed flops.
Typical stealing villain is around 20-25% vpip, 10%pfr and aggr>2.

Don't know where i'm going with this but i just get into alot of uncomfortable situations ex. holding A7 and it flops JTx, so far i'm just releasing these on the flop but i suspect that i might have to tighten up in my defense if i'm going to utilize this "fit or fold" tactic. Think I've found a leak to plug here and any suggestions are welcome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif