PDA

View Full Version : How has OOT made your life better?

scotty34
08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
We all know the negative aspects of being addicted to OOT. Many of us spend hours every day just reading and responding to threads in this forum.

How about the positive side? What is the most life improving, beneficial thing that has happened to you that you can attribute to OOT? Did you get the confidence to finally ask that girl out? Did you learn the best approach to dealing with a psycho ex? Did the advice from others influence your decision to buy your new vehicle? Did you get to SIIHP when you otherwise would never have thought to ask, just so you could come on here and talk about it?

Personally, I think the best thing that has come out of OOT for me is that I have found a lot of new music that I really like, and my tastes have altered and expanded. Mine is kind of boring I know, but there has to be some great success stories out there. So what is the greatest thing to happen to you because of OOT?

Tron
08-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Before, my electric razor used to burn my face up, but now that I shave in the shower and with shaving cream I am so money, baby.

touchfaith
08-22-2005, 11:52 PM
OOT has changed my world for the rest of my life.

And that's aside from the fact that I have grown 8 inches and am no longer scared of sheep.

nolanfan34
08-22-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think the best thing that has come out of OOT for me is that I have found a lot of new music that I really like, and my tastes have altered and expanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably it for me. Apparently, there has been new music produced since 1997, I just didn't know about it!

Voltron87
08-23-2005, 12:11 AM
whenever i get lonely jake reminds me that i pay a hooker for a reason.

08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
For me, the best thing about OOT is seeing the Watching Mussina pwn location and the corresponding avatar.

IronDragon1
08-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Since I don't have a TV, It's helped me cut my blankly staring at screens time from 5 hours a day to a lean 3 and a half

Voltron87
08-23-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For me, the best thing about OOT is seeing the Watching Mussina pwn location and the corresponding avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

the image is such a freaking awesome find, im happy someone appreciates it.

nervous
08-23-2005, 12:44 AM
OOT fills in exactly what Seinfeld used to be.

miajag81
08-23-2005, 12:49 AM
I tried Indian food for the first time after reading an OOT post and love it now. Also, Commodus makes me laugh.

Rev. Good Will
08-23-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried Indian food for the first time after reading an OOT post and love it now. Also, Commodus makes me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think its awesome how commodus can be funny and not say a single thing

DavidC
08-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Before OOT, I never knew how many 5-year-olds I could take on silmultaneously. After reflecting on this and discovering the True Answer, there's really nothing else I'll ever need to know.

BOTW
08-23-2005, 03:01 AM
I know what watch to buy next. I kick ass with the chicks. I got distracted from my current tilt (pinball, you ass). I drink good beers and eat good food. I know how wussy 5 year olds really are. Most importantly, I recognize the elephant as my king and master.

Dynasty
08-23-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Before, my electric razor used to burn my face up, but now that I shave in the shower and with shaving cream I am so money, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to use shaving cream in the shower.

WillMagic
08-23-2005, 03:05 AM
Let me count the ways...

1. Sufjan Stevens
2. Bloc Party
3. The Go! Team
4. T-shirt folding

Will

Reef
08-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Now I know where to come when I have girlfriend problems

mike l.
08-23-2005, 03:08 AM
that time there was free chipotle. i wouldnt have known about it otherwise.

YourFoxyGrandma
08-23-2005, 03:12 AM
I have come to truly understand the raw power of various computer applications such as MS-paint.

daveymck
08-23-2005, 04:27 AM
Since readig OOT I give thanks each day that I am way past being 18-21 and away from all the trials of asking girls out, living with parents or having to worry about skinny dipping etc, I also experienced poopers long before half of you were even past puberty which makes me very smug.

KaneKungFu123
08-23-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scoot,

2+2 doesnt allow you to block certain avatars. You can either view them all or none at all. Its a tough situation, because I dont want to have to ever view that ugly goofy looking son of a bitch in your avatar. Can you please remove it? thanks.

Bulldog
08-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Music
TV
Cordless clippers
Mortgage advice

off the top of my head

diebitter
08-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Yep, hours of entertainment when there's nothing better to do.

tomdemaine
08-23-2005, 08:54 AM
It's completely reawakened my interest in my bike stealing business.

Jack of Arcades
08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scoot,

2+2 doesnt allow you to block certain avatars. You can either view them all or none at all. Its a tough situation, because I dont want to have to ever view that ugly goofy looking son of a bitch in your avatar. Can you please remove it? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get firefox.

TheTROLL
08-23-2005, 09:25 AM
and Adblock (http://adblock.mozdev.org/).

codewarrior
08-23-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since readig OOT I give thanks each day that I am way past being 18-21 and away from all the trials of asking girls out, living with parents or having to worry about skinny dipping etc, I also experienced poopers long before half of you were even past puberty which makes me very smug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear! Hear!

08-23-2005, 10:27 AM
I seem to laugh at things that occur in life more. That sounds dumb but I was walking in Pizza Hut to pick up a Large Pepperoni and there was this surveillance camera and about 3 minutes later , there was a computerized voice saying, "There is a customer at the front desk. .....There is a customer at the front desk. " All I could think about is what some of the OOT'ers would have thought if they were in that situation and I could barely withhold the laughter. It seems like I just think about what some of you would think if you were in my situation day in/day out and it makes me laugh.

rusellmj
08-23-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what is the greatest thing to happen to you because of OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a better idea of what to do if I get genital warts.

bugstud
08-23-2005, 10:52 AM
music recommendations, even though few others on here would agree with mine.

Shajen
08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
OOT has increased my penis girth and length by 2 inches.

OOT has raised my IQ by 75 points.

OOT has made me better looking, more skilled with the ladies, and helped me get rid of this giant growth on my back.

OOT helped me overthrow the Argentinian government.

OOT financed my purchase of a Dominican Island.
I have a lot of thanks to give to OOT.

Because of OOT, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

http://sean.adventureteam.com/pages/twins/stuart-smalley.jpg

Dude, it's OOT. It's not rocket science.

durron597
08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

OOT helped me overthrow the Argentinian government.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bastard!

Now I eat
humble pie