PDA

View Full Version : What's your play?

7n7
08-22-2005, 11:38 PM
B&M 3/6 game, $1 and $3 blinds.

I'm in the SB with AKo. 5 people limp, I call. I know, I know.. I should raise and Ed Miller would have my head, but I didn't.

BB who had just sat down pops it up. Everybody calls. 14 small bets.

Flop is AK6 with 2 spades.

How best to protect this hand? I knew the BB liked his hand and figured I could get him to raise. I led at the flop (even though my head said wait until the turn). He raised like I thought he would. We only lost one player.

I then led the turn and the BB goes to raise but accidentally string bets.. lol!

Real question is do you wait until the turn to lead in a situation like this?

Just to let you know how it turned out. BB and I had the same hand. The button laid down a set of 6s b/c he thought one of us had a set of Ks. Lady luck smiled upon me.

BlackRain
08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Button laying down 66 is simply bizarre, and terrible in my opinion considering the preflop action. You said the BB "popped it up" I think. Wasn't sure if that meant he raised ot not but still, how on earth did 66 get laid down? Unless this board went 4 flush or very coordinated or something here...

I like leading out the flop. It sounds like you have a crazy table. You said you only lost one person on the flop to a bet and a raise. Crazy. Value bet it all the way.

And raise or reraise every hand if the button calls or raises when folded to him preflop. Bet any flop, turn and river. If called down he must have quads lol.