PDA

View Full Version : Lost with Pocket As again(tough beat)

jprince
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I have lost with pocket As the last 5 times I've had them at least. This time it was in a pretty loose home game. Its early on and I'm playing the first hand I've played thus far.

I'm UTG and raise 3x bb.
I'm called by MP who is very loose
Then I'm also called by LP.

Flop comes A 10 3 rainbow

I raise 25% of the pot (probably should've raised alot more 3 handed) Got called by both.

Turn is 7

Now I'm starting to think about a strange straight possibility that no one should be sticking around with.

I raise significantly-more than the pot. I go all-in. Giving the other players no where near the odds they need to chase a draw. ---They both call

River is an 8...the MP player had J 9 off. His straight 7-J beats my set of As. The other dude had the other A.

I couldn't believe he called my pre-flop raise with junk then called another raise (albeit to small) with a 3 straight. Then calls a huge raise on the turn with only like an 8 or 9 percent draw!!

I'm still upset. Even if I would've raise more post flop he would've called and gotten all his money in later anyway. Just needed to vent some.

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Get used to it.

Posts like this (bad beat stories) generally aren't appreciated here, but instead of flaming I'll tell you why.

In the long run, you will make money against these players.

Now no more bad beat stories.

-Craig

kodonnell
08-23-2005, 01:17 AM
That stinks.....go play chess.

Guernica4000
08-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Who cares?
Why can't you vent by writing yourself an e-mail and spare the rest of us from hearing about how "in a pretty loose home game" a player "who is very loose" called you with "with junk"?

Richie Rich
08-23-2005, 03:03 AM
How many nickels did you lose? I'll reimburse you.

TheBlueMonster
08-23-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"in a pretty loose home game" a player "who is very loose" called you with "with junk"?

[/ QUOTE ]
is there a template for these types of posts? Do you think Microsoft Word has a bad beat add-on?

chekraze
08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
u dudes are cold......and i'm laughing my a$$ off as i read those replies. lol

4_2_it
08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Lottery Larry, where are you? I this post may be your first enforcement action.