PDA

View Full Version : Arguing hand

hemstock
08-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results below:
SB has 7h 6d (straight, eight high).
BB has Jh Jc (one pair, jacks).
UTG has 8h 8s (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: SB wins 24 BB.

BB and UTG are still fighting about who played this the worst. UTG is saying that BB was throwing his money away with the obvious worst hand (and therefore he's an idiot /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) plus he is angry about making him put more money in the pot, and BB and I, were saying how he should raise with his set.
What do you think?

deepsquat
08-22-2005, 11:18 PM
SB played it better imo. he should have 3bet the flop or c/r the turn though

edit- ok, its between UTG and BB.. hmm.. they both played like poofs. UTG must be a mouse

hemstock
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
No no. SB didn't say a word. It's the other 2 guys who are arguing about each others line.

deepsquat
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
I would have to say UTG was worse. not 3betting top set on any board is a disgrace, particularly this board.

Sightless
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Why did you call the flop ?

hemstock
08-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Because I saw the pot and said I have a bdfd and 2 overcards, I wanna see one more card. Clearly a mistake though.

bozlax
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
hem, did you have to take a short bus to get to this card room, by any chance? They're all idiots.

BB needed to raise preflop. By the time he does raise, on the flop, it's too late. And what the hell is he doing capping the turn?

UTG should have raised the flop, no question. It wouldn't have protected his hand, but he wasn't going to be able to protect it, anyway, so he needed to be raising for value while he obviously had the best of it.

And what the hell was SB thinking, betting out this flop? Who cares if it checks through, you don't have a hand! Check, and hope BB or UTG bets out for you so you can c/r!

Ugh. I feel dirty. (By the way, anybody else think hem might've raised his K9s preflop against what is clearly a field with a collective IQ beneath the mean temperature of a Miami winter?)

Vote4Pedro
08-22-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I feel dirty. (By the way, anybody else think hem might've raised his K9s preflop against what is clearly a field with a collective IQ beneath the mean temperature of a Miami winter?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about too, but I think its pretty thin. I'd raise KTs in a heartbeat though

SoftcoreRevolt
08-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I'd definately raise this here preflop.

deepsquat
08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And what the hell was SB thinking, betting out this flop? Who cares if it checks through, you don't have a hand! Check, and hope BB or UTG bets out for you so you can c/r!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will often bet OESD in this spot. I want as much money as possible in the pot on the flop. He has an OESD to the nuts, with no flushdraws around, standard bet imo.

Rev. Good Will
08-22-2005, 11:44 PM
dont tap the glass at all and call them both morans?

say it with me now: "poker is all luck".

if that don't work, just support the play that you think is worse

davelin
08-22-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you call the flop ?

[/ QUOTE ]

DocMartin
08-24-2005, 03:35 AM
If I was UTG I would be really pissed that I or the button didnt raise preflop to knock out the SB and that the BB didnt reraise to build me a bigger pot now that my set is good. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BB played his hand the worst (pf &amp; turn), which is saying something since this may be one of the worst played hands by all involved (besides SB)that I have seen.

Saint_D
08-24-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont tap the glass at all and call them both morans?

say it with me now: "poker is all luck".

if that don't work, just support the play that you think is worse

[/ QUOTE ]

numeri
08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
[blind post]

The only play I like is from SB. UTG should at least 3-bet the turn. BB should just call SB's 3-bet on the turn. You should fold the flop.

numeri
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Equity. His bet is a bet for value.

aces_dad
08-24-2005, 07:12 PM
And the recommended c/r from an early position raiser is also for value, as everybody's already put one bet in and he wants them to call two.

Though I don't think leading out on the flop from SB is bad either.