PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 kk, think I probably misplayed

mythrilfox
08-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Button is very aggressive but has been fairly passive against me (and just me). I keep thinking he's going to make a move against me, since he's made a move against almost everyone else at the table. That should explain a little bit why I played this the way I did.

BB seemed very tight and solid. Earlier he slowplayed flopped top two pair on a draw-heavy board against me, so I think he's definitely capable of cold-calling AA here.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

BB ($1866)
UTG ($2442.75)
MP ($3200.50)
Button ($7885.25)
Hero ($1070.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $115</font>, BB calls $105, Button calls $80.

Flop: ($345) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($345) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>, BB folds, Button calls $250.

River: ($845) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7520.25 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $705.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $9070.75

FatalError
08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
yeah, bet the flop 98% of the time, how safe of a board are you looking for

mythrilfox
08-23-2005, 05:49 AM
I guess this wasn't as interesting as I thought. Let me outline my thought process:

I felt on the flop that this might be somewhat similar to the "don't 3-bet preflop with KK" rule, in that if I check I will be able to squeeze some value out of QQ, but am losing to AA anyway. Do I think QQ folds this flop outright if I bet? Well, with one bettor who has shown a lot of strength preflop and one guy behind him, it's very possible. But if he's checked to, he has to bet, and he has to imagine I'm not checking this flop with KK or AA either. I don't know if it's any good for metagame either, but I don't need KK to re-raise an aggro button player here, and standard would be to check a hell of a lot of the stuff I r/r preflop and get coldcalled by a tight player on, i.e. mid pocket pairs. I guess this was an attempt at a nonstandard mix-up move.

I usually always bet pot, but I opted for less on the turn to try and get an amount that says I can be raised off my hand. If button puts me on AK here there is a decent chance he'll try to move on the pot, especially if the cold-caller folds. Plus, I would have checked AK on this flop, but usually would have bet KK. The tight guy is also going to feel more comfortable calling a $250 bet than a $330 bet with whatever the hell he has.

End is a no-brainer IMO. Either he has the flush and is betting or doesn't and will try to make a play at the pot.

Back to the flop check... it presents a couple of problems:
1. I check, c/c bets, button calls
2. I check, c/c checks, button bets

1) I really have no idea what to do, because the cold-caller is obviously going to be betting JJ/QQ, and the button will take one off a lot of the times if he thinks he can win the (already huge) pot, esp. since him and BB still have a fair amount behind. But I could be drawing to 2.
2) Button has to be terrified of us both by now and will probably peel one off with almost any two. But I would hate to just outright fold to an aggressive player in a big pot with a strong hand.

I'd probably have just shoved it in both scenarios, but I don't know if that's best.

boedeker
08-23-2005, 11:35 AM
why didnt you have 6k more at the table?