PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a river raise here?

Fryguy
08-22-2005, 10:53 PM
UTG + 1 is a fish, Button is neutral/passive, no reads on the blinds.

This is probably pretty aggressive on the flop, but I'm thinking top pair might be good here and 3-betting right behind will help me to isolate, plus it's probably for value.

When the turn 2-pairs me, I felt obligated to value-raise again.

The river T is sort of scary, but the way the hand has been played, it seems to me like it's going to complete a smaller 2-pair far more often than it's going to make a straight, and there's a good chance at least one person has a busted flush draw here who might call down with a pair. It felt like a value bet again, but should I 3-bet to punish smaller 2-pairs at the chance of possibly losing to a straight? The only hands that reasonably beat me are AQ, Q9, or a set. Sets would have re-raised me on the turn, and TT would have been scared away by the action long ago i'd think.

So would you 3-bet this river, and was I possibly too aggressive on previous streets?
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (15.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (23.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB

DontRaisePlz
08-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Raise preflop. I think I raise the river too. Q9 of hearts is the only plausible hand but UTG+1's call is compensation money when you're wrong.

{oops: didnt think about 89, definitely call}

Kumubou
08-22-2005, 11:41 PM
You have got to raise KJo with the live post on the table. Too much value to piss away there.

Flop is fine. If he has AJo or something equally goofy that's life.

Turn OK too.

How is 89 not possible either? They would have had a OESD draw from the flop. I can not see that T completing many other hands unless the Button has shown to call down with crap. I just call that raise.

-K