PDA

View Full Version : Good Pot Limit Omaha Online

Jorge10
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Now im trying to find some good .50/1 and 1/2 Pot Limit Omaha games online, I tried party and while the Pot Limit Omaha high low games are great and I enjoy them, the Pot Limit omaha games are not all the time, probably because of all the short handed tables killing all the action. So anyway I was wondering where I could find some good pot limit omaha games online that are full table as I am barely starting to get the hang of the game, not sure short handed is all that great of a way to start. Any suggestions?

TheRempel
08-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Pokerstars usually has a bunch of good games going nearly all the time. Stay out of my games though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
usually tables up to 2/4 going at ultimate bet. join us!

joewatch
08-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Very little 1/2 full ring action on Party, but lots of 0.5/1. I play Empire/Party/Stars and get $100 reloads every month. Stars has lots of people playing shortstacks, but tends to be tighter. Party games are almost always LAGy, which makes for big profits but hella variance.

Jorge10
08-23-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very little 1/2 full ring action on Party, but lots of 0.5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that, I also noticed, its pretty dead except .50/1 and the 10/20 pot limit level, if you aint playing those 2 levels at party, sucks to be you, which is kind of lame. I mean I like the .50/1 and ill play that, but its kind of impossible to move up anywhere.

I was hoping someone would put some places where I could play 1/2 or maybe 2/4 consistenly in case I ever want to take a shot at moving up, I guess you cant find those games anywhere.

adam74
08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping someone would put some places where I could play 1/2 or maybe 2/4 consistenly

[/ QUOTE ]

As I post (midday in the UK, 7am EST - so hardly peak time...only 8000 players on Poker Stars in total), there are 3 full 1/2 tables going, and 11 people on the waiting lists. There's also one full 2/4 table going, with 1 waiting. Nothing higher at the moment.

I don't play that high, but I think at peak times there are always several 1/2 and 2/4 full tables going at Stars.

Burdzthewurd
08-24-2005, 02:15 AM
I think the Pokerroom PLO games are great

PLO50 full - Usually a few super-LAGS that play any 4 cards til' the end, guys moving in on gutshots, many can't fold AAAx HU, call with any hand with a pair and 2 random cards against a potraise (trying to crack AAxx).

PLO50 6-max or shorter - A lot of people buy-in short, easy to run over, very loose-passive

PLO100 - Absolute clownfest, 3-4 LAGs on good tables, huge aver pots anywhere from 70-120

NL100!! - Ahhh I drool when these games run, always a lot of short stacks buying in for $40 or less, waiting to get run over, many LAGs that never touch PLO but love NLOH, two guys I see there often that will bet $20 preflop every hand and bluff all-in with nothing all the time.

PorscheNGuns
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Agree

A good reason to take advantage of this $200 reload on PokerRoom. NLO is also the only reason I play on Prima from time to time.

-Matt

liquid
08-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Agreed re: PokerRoom.

Also, Hollywood Poker (a PR skin) has a $1000 first deposit bonus (cleared in $50 increments; good for two months) if you're up to grinding out a lot of multi-table hours.

benkahuna
08-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I did 3 table paradise .5/1 pl for a while and they were incredibly soft. Loose passive and not terribly bright. It's been a few months.

Kellermann
08-24-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now im trying to find some good .50/1 and 1/2 Pot Limit Omaha games online, I tried party and while the Pot Limit Omaha high low games are great and I enjoy them, the Pot Limit omaha games are not all the time, probably because of all the short handed tables killing all the action. So anyway I was wondering where I could find some good pot limit omaha games online that are full table as I am barely starting to get the hang of the game, not sure short handed is all that great of a way to start. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

The crypto (Interpoker, plex etc.) PLO 100 was notoriously juicy until about April this year. The reason was that PLO 100 was the lowest they had = it played like PLO 25. Games are still good though. Whether you like it is a matter of interface. Graphics etc.

In general, If you master SH PLO you are cool because it is difficult. I hate it.