PDA

View Full Version : Whats your move?

08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1705)
MP (t1455)
Button (t210)
Hero (t1950)
BB (t2680)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
3 folds, Hero....

valenzuela
08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
All-in, Im folding lots of hands though.

lastchance
08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
This is a very, very, clear push.

ilya
08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Why would you do anything but push? Yes there's a short stack, but it's 5-handed!
I mean...I push ANY Ace here, and plenty more hands besides.

Pushing A8o can only be unprofitable against an insanely loose BB who's calling with over 50% of his hands.

bluefeet
08-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I'd fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not sure what ICM would tell you, but I'd have to have a VERY warm fuzzy that BB wasn't calling w/ anything short of monsterish to push this one. I'd rather push through him into UTG's BB with not much better.

Edit: lol...and reading above - this is why you don't listen to me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
I think it is extra important to take the blind here because doing so will let you pull away from the pack of other medium stacks. With two short stacks at the table, it's a different story, but you need to be aggressive when three players are bunched up in the middle. Sure you're in second place now, but if one of the other medium stacks takes your blind next time around, suddenly YOU are the shorty at the table. Plus your stack is plenty large enough to make the BB think twice about calling with some medium A's and a good number of pockets pairs.