PDA

View Full Version : Another River Fold Everyone Will Disagree With

augie00
08-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Converter is messed up but enjoy. 5 handed party 5-10 LHE.

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to EnemaBandit_ [ Kh Kd ]
SANTA73 calls [$5].
Marekatten folds.
EnemaBandit_ raises [$10].
kudostoyou folds.
GORDOTA calls [$5].
SANTA73 calls [$5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 6s, 4s ]
GORDOTA bets [$5].
SANTA73 calls [$5].
GORDOTA raises [$10].
SANTA73 calls [$10].
GORDOTA calls [$5].
SANTA73 calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
GORDOTA checks.
SANTA73 checks.
EnemaBandit_ bets [$10].
GORDOTA calls [$10].
SANTA73 calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 8s ]
GORDOTA checks.
SANTA73 bets [$10].
EnemaBandit_ folds.
GORDOTA calls [$10].

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-22-2005, 07:01 PM
pot is too big to fold IMO.

spamuell
08-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't disagree with it, that was the worst river card ever, although I wouldn't always fold there.

The converter being messed up isn't a good reason to not take the time to type out the hand, if you expect people to take the time to analyse it for you.

imported_stealthcow
08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
is this really coming from the same person who called me down multiple times with like Q high in the 1-3 spread game at tstone ???!?!?!?!

i'm counting liek $120 in the pot.

i'd say even though theres a 95% chance you're behind, if you were ahead, you're losing so much in tilt that its probably okay to call.

stealthcow-

Entity
08-22-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were ahead, you're losing so much in tilt that its probably okay to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a fairly big leak to me.

It's close either way but I don't think it's a terrible fold.

Rob

spamuell
08-22-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd say even though theres a 95% chance you're behind, if you were ahead, you're losing so much in tilt that its probably okay to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about addressing the problem of tilting rather than making -EV calls to avoid tilt? Yeah, if you do it this time it doesn't matter, but it's a massive downward spiral and you don't want to go there.

Easier said than done, I know.

Victor
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
the donk betters must love you.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree with it, that was the worst river card ever, although I wouldn't always fold there.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is an awful river card. But i think youll see JJ TT 64 etc enough of the time to make the river call +EV.

imported_stealthcow
08-22-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you were ahead, you're losing so much in tilt that its probably okay to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a fairly big leak to me.

It's close either way but I don't think it's a terrible fold.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

alright. so lets say that theres a 95% chance we are behind here. i think thats pretty fair if you ask me.

so we're calling $10 to win $120. we have to be right 1 in 13x, but we're getting 1 in 20. so making this call is costing us (19 calls = $190 - winning $120 once = $70). so each time he calls he'd lose $70/20 = .35bb.

i'll call for a bb purely on information against some opponents, and this seems like a great spot to do so.

on my tilt comment, i think its safe to say that we all experience tilt. if you think you can fold KK here, find out you were wrong and play the rest of the session against this opponent optimally, good for you. but i know a lot of players wont and dont. i think calling here is hardly as big a leak as it is to pretend you dont tilt.

stealthcow-

08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Easy solution to this mess: make the +EV laydown and if you do fold the winning hand then just end your session right there and start again another time.