PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to stay attached to those big pocket pairs

Inthacup
04-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Online 2 4 games last night. Game was soft with many limpers preflop, the skies were passive with a 20% chance of aggression.

3 limpers to me, I'm in LP with K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . I raise, BB calls, as do the 3 limpers.

Flop: 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Checked to EP, he bets, EP+1 calls, I raise, folded to EP, he 3-bets, EP+1 now caps and it's two more bets to me. I fold and decide to let the other 2 duke it out. To my surprise, EP now folds after 3-betting, and EP+1 takes it down.

Comments on my play? Anyone play this any differently?

Barry
04-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Single suited flop, you have all the wrong flavor, capped on the flop, unless you're playing against brain dead opponents, you have no choice other than to fold.

Jeffage
04-05-2003, 11:47 AM
With this many players I may pull a Mason here and just call the flop since the bet is right in front of me and the pot is large. Then I would raise if a non-club (and non-ace slid off on the turn). Make someone pay if they have a hand like Ac7h. Many people will come alive and 3-bet with just a nut draw here and since the pot is large I don't think the flop raise is as effective as u want it to be.

Jeff

Bob T.
04-05-2003, 01:53 PM
I think that you made a good fold. The board is too scary, and you have no redraws, and you don't really want to invest 3 more big bets here.

bernie
04-05-2003, 09:09 PM
if these players arent likely to get this aggressive with a draw, id lay it down. your usually beat. player dependent. some will get this aggressive though.

b