PDA

View Full Version : Wireless backup

pooh74
08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi,

I did a search but couldnt find anything relevant. Anyway, I am having some problems with my wirless network and was wondering:

1. If the signal drops, can I simply plug the cable directly into the laptop and use my old connection? IOW, do I need to disable the wireless card first, or should it just work? (late in a SNG this is a nightmare)

2. Why do I need need to reboot my laptop everytime the HD goes into hybernation? Shouldnt the wireless card connect automatically?

Thanks for any help/.

jnalpak
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Your subject doesnt make sense, are you lookingn for a wireless backup or to bring wireless back UP?

[ QUOTE ]

1. If the signal drops, can I simply plug the cable directly into the laptop and use my old connection? IOW, do I need to disable the wireless card first, or should it just work? (late in a SNG this is a nightmare)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the signal drops on the WiFi, as long as you have a router you can connect the ethernet cable back into the laptop without missing a beat. or you will have to shutdown and shutdown the cable modem, wait a few min and then reload everythign up again

[ QUOTE ]

2. Why do I need need to reboot my laptop everytime the HD goes into hybernation? Shouldnt the wireless card connect automatically?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt have to reboot your machine when you laptop goes into hybernation.

What OS are you running?
The wireless card should try to reconnect to the wifi, sounds like you dont get great connection...move it away from the cordless phones and metal. Also, move it to a higher ground. WIFI signals work from high to low not from low to high

08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases, this will work and operations will continue as normal (Web browsing).

However, with applications which log you IP Address, you will need to exit and restart the application. This is due to the change of IP Address which will occur when your physical network connection changes.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Operating System / Network Card / Firmware dependant. If you are running XP and experiencing reconnection difficulties following Hibernate Mode, consult both your Motherboard and Network Card manufacture websites for updated drivers if available.