PDA

View Full Version : I got tabled coached on this one!

MadMat
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Not sure If I should post this here or in HUSH? .5/1 6-max hand - SIA Poker so no auto hand history

I'm pretty new to 6-max, was I right to call this down? should I have got aggresive with it?

table had reduced to 3-way

SB very fishy, calls down with rubbish and is short stacked (3.5BB on table
BB A little better, Calls down with any part of the flop, but I've caught him betting overcards a few times

MadMat(button) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero Calls
SB Calls
BB Checks

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB Checks
BB Bets
MadMat Calls
SB Calls

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks
BB bets
MadMat Calls

River 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB Checks
BB Checks
MadMat Bets
SB Calls
BB Calls

Pot - 8.75BB

MrWookie47
08-22-2005, 05:54 PM
No problems posting .50/1 or 1/2 6 max here. I've posted 2/4 6 max here, too.

I think you deserved to get TC'd for this one. Preflop is a raise if you think they'll fold, or a fold if they defend too much and peel on the flop too much. After that, I fold the flop bet and the turn bet. The river is fine. I count 3 out of 4 bad decisions. What did the TC say you should do?

aces_dad
08-22-2005, 05:54 PM
This forum is fine for 6max .5/1 posts. There was talk of creating a new forum for small stakes 6max since HUSH has many posters playing larger stakes but I haven't seen much of that talk lately.

Anyway to the hand. If you're going to play 22 (or any 2 cards for that matter) from the button in a 3handed game you need to raise it.

The flop call is pretty weak unless you somehow think you're ahead. And if you're ahead you should be raising here not calling. You have 2 outs to a set and 2 backdoor draws which do not give the odds to draw to.

The turn turns both draws into better ones, unless you're behind a larger flush draw. 1 out to the nut straight flush, 2 to a set on a flush and straight board which could lose, 3 more to a straight on the flush board, and the remaining spades to a one-card nut low flush. I don't like the turn call either.

So I raise PF, and as played, fold the flop and turn unless you somehow think they have no piece of the flop. Where do you think you should have gotten agressive with this besides preflop?

MadMat
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway to the hand. If you're going to play 22 (or any 2 cards for that matter) from the button in a 3handed game you need to raise it.

So I raise PF, and as played, fold the flop and turn unless you somehow think they have no piece of the flop. Where do you think you should have gotten agressive with this besides preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah when I started typing it up I realised the preflop call was bad, I saw the 3 to a straight flush on the flop and sort of thought lets see the turn as it's cheap, then when I hit again there, just couldn't find the fold button!

Mat

Wetdog
08-22-2005, 06:01 PM
The pot's relatively small and all since there were no raises, but ...

I just gotta play at the straight flush. I love inducing tilt (ask Saint__D) and when the TC starts up, I'd just type in "my straight flush says shaddup, mr board straight".

bozlax
08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 out to the nut straight flush

[/ QUOTE ]

When the 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif hit 87/images/graemlins/spade.gif would be the nut straight flush.

aces_dad
08-22-2005, 06:10 PM
The turn being 'cheap' is relative. The decision you need to make is: Does calling this bet have a postive EV?

Meaning, if you're paying 1 bet to win 6, (or whatever it was), are you getting odds at least as good as 6:1 to hit your hand?

Now with implied odds (ability to win more on later streets after you hit your hand) you don't need quite immediate odds to make these kind of calls, but when the board shows 4 to a straight flush, you're not likely to get much action, meaning your implied odds are not great.

So, what did the TC say anyway? I'd ask him when I get my straght flush hat sent to me.

aces_dad
08-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes you're right. So even the best '1' out we have is tainted.

MadMat
08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
BB Flipped over pocket 5s, neither of them a /images/graemlins/spade.gif

and then wibbled on about calling with 5 overcards on the board ;-)

08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Mmm... semi-loose passive goodness. Play at some 1/2 full ring at party for me, please.

MadMat
08-22-2005, 06:52 PM
1/2 full ring is my usual game, I'll be doing the empire reload later this week, look out for me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't feel anywhere near as lost there as I do with this 6-max lark, just trying out some 6-max before moving to 2/4!

Mat

Saint_D
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot's relatively small and all since there were no raises, but ...

I just gotta play at the straight flush. I love inducing tilt (ask Saint__D) and when the TC starts up, I'd just type in "my straight flush says shaddup, mr board straight".

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you so much WetDog.

-D