PDA

View Full Version : Best way to pick up a girl that works at a food/coffee joint?

Jurollo
08-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Dear OOT,
With evil geniuses such as Sublime constantly lurking here I feel that this question, one that has haunted me for months could easily be rectified. So here is the scenario, you frequently visit a local coffee establishment (although mainly by drive through) and have seen the same cute girl working there numerous times. How do you broach the coffee server/coffee patron awkwardness to eventually lead yourself to an area where a number could be requested and/or a date could be planned. Go!
~Justin

Eurotrash
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Excuse me, Flo?

kerssens
08-22-2005, 05:14 PM
say this..."can I take you out for a drink after work?"

its complicated, I know, but you'd be surprised how often that works.

lucas9000
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, Flo?

[/ QUOTE ]

like the tv show.

well done sir.

lucas9000
08-22-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, Flo?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually a pretty good way to test her...if she gets the reference, she's a keeper. if not, you should have some doubts.

PorscheNGuns
08-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Give her the Mario test (GHTMT)

-Matt

utmt40
08-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Just offer to SIIHP.

LeatherFace
08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I would just put one hand behind her knees and one behind her back, and remember to lift with your legs not your back.

_2000Flushes
08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I've used "What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me ending up together" at least a dozen times. It doesn't seem to work.

-2kF

kerssens
08-22-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've used "What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me ending up together" at least a dozen times. It doesn't seem to work.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they even pick up on it?

Malachii
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
The problem with this post is that it assumes the average OOTer knows how to pick a girl up.

That's a very big assumption!

_2000Flushes
08-22-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they even pick up on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once.

JoshuaD
08-22-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

That line reeks of no confidence. I don't imagine it would ever work.

lucas9000
08-22-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that might be too subtle.

_2000Flushes
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear, it should never be used legitimately. But it is fun when flirting with a waitress or someone less drunk than you.

-2kF

istewart
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, Flo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, Flo?

[/ QUOTE ]
This play, BIMO. I'm also a fan of "so... you wanna get to gether maybe for some coffee some time?"

Crveballin
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
"You come here often?"

sublime
08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
the key in situations like this is some sort of privacy. even if its just at the drive up window, or a slow day behind the counter you don't want her boss or customers around. fellow female coworkers are a plus, as she will feel flattered to the max that you 'picked' her.

make sure she 'knows' you as a regular. just be really nice to her each time you go in there and try to overhear what her name is (or even better yet is she has a name tag, say thanks erika, good morning erika etc.....) women love hearing their own name. once this level of familiarity is reached, ask her out or for her number. of course it helps to be handsome as fcuk, but i have never had a problem picking up chicks in the food service industry (well except the borgata girls)

xCEO
08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
"do you like tabasco?"

Blarg
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a confession that you're too scared to ask her out, but wonder how it would go if you had the guts, or liked her enough, to do it.

Very low on the confidence factor and not flattering to either of you -- sounds like a huge turn-off to women.

I think the joke part of it would fly right past most of them, or make them think you said it that way accidentally. "Girl like me" sounds like a Freudian slip!

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a confession that you're too scared to ask her out, but wonder how it would go if you had the guts, or liked her enough, to do it.

Very low on the confidence factor and not flattering to either of you -- sounds like a huge turn-off to women.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe how many people are not catching on to this one.

lucas9000
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear, it should never be used legitimately. But it is fun when flirting with a waitress or someone less drunk than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case why not go with "i desperately want to make love to a schoolboy."

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
"Do you ever watch kung fu? You should come over and watch kung fu tonight. "

Sponger15SB
08-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Just tell her you have a 10 inch penis.

Shajen
08-22-2005, 06:28 PM
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/pics/dumb/pics/dumb04.jpg

Blarg
08-22-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe how many people are not catching on to this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why it wouldn't work on most women.

Crveballin
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Whats all this 1 in a million talk???"

Bluffoon
08-22-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear OOT,
With evil geniuses such as Sublime constantly lurking here I feel that this question, one that has haunted me for months could easily be rectified. So here is the scenario, you frequently visit a local coffee establishment (although mainly by drive through) and have seen the same cute girl working there numerous times. How do you broach the coffee server/coffee patron awkwardness to eventually lead yourself to an area where a number could be requested and/or a date could be planned. Go!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

A compliment, followed up by a request for a date works well for me.

EX: Wow, what a beautiful smile! ... I'm Jurollo can I take you out for a bite to eat (or a drink or whatever) after you are done working tonight?

Turkish
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"How come I didn't get a gun?? Did you get a gun?"

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"You'll have to excuse my friend. He's a little slow. The town is that way."

Turkish
08-22-2005, 06:49 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Funny, I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little bit, rockier than this....
" I was thinking the same thing.."
" That John Denver is full of [censored] man.."

Crveballin
08-22-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice hooters you got there.... the owls...."

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"You know I guess they're right, senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back, don't you go dying on me! "

Crveballin
08-22-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"You know I guess they're right, senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back, don't you go dying on me! "

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about not listening to her enough or something. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."

blatz
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
First off you best be overtipping a few times in a row. Waitresses and their ilk know exactly which regulars are good tippers, and if they are men, tend to take that as either a compliment or just a sign that he is a good guy.

I have succesfully pulled the move off twice, but always after having the freakin' "playful banter/flirty phase" for a while. But after becoming the customer she enjoys seeing, and being entertained by, during her crappy work day, it becomes a simple step to just asking her out.

In the resataurant biz, I've seen this kind of move work plenty.

I'm rooting for you

PoBoy321
08-22-2005, 09:40 PM
How about you stop being a pussy and just talk to her like a normal person?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-22-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about you stop being a pussy and just talk to her like a normal person?

[/ QUOTE ]
This should be the first 35 responses to any "how do I ask a girl out" thread. It should be automatic. We need a bot to do this as soon as the thread comes up.

cbfair
08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off you best be overtipping a few times in a row. Waitresses and their ilk know exactly which regulars are good tippers, and if they are men, tend to take that as either a compliment or just a sign that he is a good guy.

I have succesfully pulled the move off twice, but always after having the freakin' "playful banter/flirty phase" for a while. But after becoming the customer she enjoys seeing, and being entertained by, during her crappy work day, it becomes a simple step to just asking her out.

In the resataurant biz, I've seen this kind of move work plenty.

I'm rooting for you

[/ QUOTE ]

I followed this route to marry a bartender. The playful banter phase can not be overemphasised. If she's hot, or even pretty cute, she probably gets asked out by random, creepy strangers 3-7 times a week and is likely sick of it. Don't allow yourself to get lumped in this category.

Sublime suggested you make sure she knows you as a regular before making a move; this is very important.

At my bachelor party dinner, I made a drunken speach to and all my friends about the importance of always running a tab at the bar and tipping well; the same applies here. Get out of your car a little more often and go inside for your coffee, hang out and enjoy it and try to get in a few words with her but don't be distracting to her work. Respect the workplace and her various duties and don't be one of those insensitive schmucks who tries to hit it at the worst possible moment for her

nothumb
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
First, don't be stupid and go in there a bunch, look at her and not say anything, make puppy eyes, etc. Most of the time guys who ask these types of questions have been doing this already, or will do it before screwing up the guts to say anything, so you've sort of cut your dick off already as far as this girl is concerned.

If you haven't done that, here's my advice.

Be courteous and friendly, but don't be a suck-up. Waitresses think of suck-up regulars the same way girls think of their 'nice' guy friends and strippers think of 'sweet' patrons in the titty bar. In other words, as a virtual eunuch, and a mark. I've been in the business. It's not always true, but it usually is.

Tip well, but don't tip ludicrously well. Again, the whole suck-up thing.

Don't make it obvious that you know who she is, want to talk to her, etc if you're just making conversation. Then she can just tell you're interested but you're a pussy.

Eye contact is very powerful. Just saying something nice and looking at her face. It's amazing how rarely men do this to women (or vice versa). Just don't give her some freaky Don Juan stare.

Speak clearly, act confident, and when she's familiar (but NOT TOO FAMILIAR) with you, strike up a conversation and ask her out. You might want to try to be an ally when customers are unpleasant, or bring up something you know she'll be aware of or affected by. (Working in the restaurant industry, this was always easy for me - talk about tourists.) But, again, DON'T suck up. Once you've exchanged a few complete sentences feel free to extend your hand, introduce yourself and ask her if she wants to get butt naked, lubed up and freaky. (Or just offer to buy her a drink sometime, if you're old enough).

NT

Blarg
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
True. No shortage of girls can't stand normal persons and aren't normal persons themselves, but at least you find out right away if you cut to the chase and be real.

Awesemo
08-23-2005, 12:35 AM
www.fastseduction.com (http://www.fastseduction.com)

08-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Spend $50 at an Asian massage parlor. Much better than listening to some girl yap for 4 hours about her ex.

touchfaith
08-23-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(although mainly by drive through)

[/ QUOTE ]

Drive thru naked. Chicks dig that stuff.

(don't spill your coffee)

istewart
08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about not listening to her enough or something. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose."

Tron
08-23-2005, 12:58 AM
You should read messages before you quote them, especially if there is a chance (however slim) that they have THE EXACT SAME quote you are about to post already listed.

istewart
08-23-2005, 01:54 AM
I suck at life.

housenuts
08-23-2005, 03:00 AM
just ask her questions and listen to what she has to say and s.hit

Perseus
08-23-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the key in situations like this is some sort of privacy. even if its just at the drive up window, or a slow day behind the counter you don't want her boss or customers around. fellow female coworkers are a plus, as she will feel flattered to the max that you 'picked' her.

make sure she 'knows' you as a regular. just be really nice to her each time you go in there and try to overhear what her name is (or even better yet is she has a name tag, say thanks erika, good morning erika etc.....) women love hearing their own name. once this level of familiarity is reached, ask her out or for her number. of course it helps to be handsome as fcuk, but i have never had a problem picking up chicks in the food service industry (well except the borgata girls)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much dead on balls accurate

Perseus
08-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Exclaim, "Well it's been a great morning so far!!" Smack her ass, and yell "You're next baby"

chuddo
08-23-2005, 04:12 AM
you can try being ultra-lame and corny like a friend of mine did at starbucks.

basically after receiving his drink and sitting down for a second, he re-approached the counter with it.

apparently this is how the conversation went down:

her: i'm sorry is something wrong?

him: too hot.

her: your coffee is too hot? im sorry...

him: no, you are too hot. im trying to enjoy my coffee and i can't concentrate with you strutting around being so beautiful.

she laughed and was flatterred and he asked if he could see her sometime when he wasn't trying to enjoy his coffee.

got her number, asked her out and that was that.

Jurollo
08-23-2005, 04:12 AM
There was a reason I called Sublime an evil genious, his advice in threads like this always remind me of George Costanza in the roommate switch episode of Seinfeld. Anyhoo, this thread was merely for fun as I saw the girl a bunch this summer and never really decided to go for it and now I am moving, but mainly was for 'fun' and to see what Sublime came up with.
~Justin

P.S. Sponger and Housenuts were close 2nd for best replies.

Jurollo
08-23-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

basically after receiving his drink and sitting down for a second, he re-approached the counter with it.

him: no, you are too hot. im trying to enjoy my coffee and i can't concentrate with you strutting around being so beautiful.

she laughed and was flatterred and he asked if he could see her sometime when he wasn't trying to enjoy his coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I drink Iced Coffee generally... ouch.
~Justin

sublime
08-23-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a reason I called Sublime an evil genious, his advice in threads like this always remind me of George Costanza in the roommate switch episode of Seinfeld. Anyhoo, this thread was merely for fun as I saw the girl a bunch this summer and never really decided to go for it and now I am moving, but mainly was for 'fun' and to see what Sublime came up with.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel used.

Michael Davis
08-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Hey sublime,

I want to train with you when you move to SD.

-Michael

sublime
08-23-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey sublime,

I want to train with you when you move to SD.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

you live near SD?

if so, awesome.

Michael Davis
08-23-2005, 06:02 AM
No, I live in LA, but really, it's not that far.

-Michael

sublime
08-23-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I live in LA, but really, it's not that far.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i wanna hit up commerce on a regular basis. nice title btw /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChipWrecked
08-23-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a reason I called Sublime an evil genious, his advice in threads like this always remind me of George Costanza in the roommate switch episode of Seinfeld. Anyhoo, this thread was merely for fun as I saw the girl a bunch this summer and never really decided to go for it and I am a huge twat for not at least trying to hit it and now I am moving, but mainly was for 'fun' and to see what Sublime came up with.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Jurollo
08-23-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was a reason I called Sublime an evil genious, his advice in threads like this always remind me of George Costanza in the roommate switch episode of Seinfeld. Anyhoo, this thread was merely for fun as I saw the girl a bunch this summer and never really decided to go for it and I am a huge twat for not at least trying to hit it and now I am moving, but mainly was for 'fun' and to see what Sublime came up with.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
NH

BillNye
08-23-2005, 12:39 PM
"excuse me, I have a identical twin brother that is intersted in you, i know its kidna silly hes kinda shy but he wanted me to ask you if u would be intersted in dating?"

works every time

mmbt0ne
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on balls accurate?

jakethebake
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on balls accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an industry term.

mmbt0ne
08-23-2005, 04:43 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on balls accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an industry term.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-23-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just ask her questions and listen to what she has to say and s.hit

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I don't know; that sounds like a lot of work!

Rootabager
08-24-2005, 07:30 AM

Sure it was a "friend." What a loser. Now i know why this guy has never been laid in his life.

TheMetetron
08-24-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just tell her you have a 10 inch penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd that go for you, slick? I don't remember ever getting our fricking drinks...