PDA

View Full Version : Saddam video

BruceZ
04-05-2003, 12:45 AM
I think the video showing Saddam with a cheering crowd are unlikely to be recent for several reasons:

1. It is over 100 degrees in Baghdad, and the people are dressed too warmly.

2. There are no leaves on the trees which I might expect in a warm early spring.

3. It is unlikely he would show his face with his city overrun by special forces.

Perhaps an analysis can be done to determine the angle of the sun in the video by ray tracing to determine the season. If this video is not current, it is likely it is because he is dead or injured. If he were not dead or injured, he would speak about specific incidents of the war which would give undeniable indication that the video is current.

IrishHand
04-05-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm surprised that the possibility that the got the fack out of Dodge when the troops rolled in hasn't really been discussed. That would also explain his lack of verifiable presence in Baghdad.

David Steele
04-06-2003, 12:33 AM
What about the smoke in the picture?

"overrun by special forces."

The BBC reporter still in the city said neither he nor
the 150 other reporters at the hotel who travel around
have seen any US troops about.

D.

BruceZ
04-06-2003, 02:50 AM
What about the smoke in the picture?

I just heard about that. Pollution? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Maybe they used a green screen or other computer editing. The latter could probably be detected. There were guys wearing leather jackets in that video.

The BBC reporter still in the city said neither he nor
the 150 other reporters at the hotel who travel around
have seen any US troops about.

Well I should hope not; they are supposed to be covert. I heard there was a huge number in the city...15,000? That sounds high.

Cyrus
04-06-2003, 03:19 AM
...It's just that one side is lying more than the other.

The side that lies the least is the side that is usually winning.

<ul type="square">-- We are in control of the Airport and have pushed the Iraqis out.
-- No, you haven't. You are surrounded.
-- We are not! And we are re-naming it as Baghdad Int'l Airport, so there.
-- No, it's still Saddam Airport.
-- Hah, it's Baghdad Airport, get used to it.
-- It isn't.
-- It is too!
-- It isn't.
-- It is too!
-- Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.
etc[/list]