PDA

View Full Version : For anyone playing in the Paradise Promotion..

Moose
04-05-2003, 12:26 AM
.. who is playing in the NL tourneys under the assumption that they will go faster than a limit game..

Don't.

If you must play, and you try to put people on hands..

Don't.

And God help you, so sure as I stand here, should you raise to 6x the BB and expect KTo to fold..

Don't.

That is all.

M.

Bubmack
04-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Yikes,

I have been playing and it is the craziest poker I've ever played. And let me tell you- I am one of those guys that would gladly call KTo - or move in over the top of you with it. Its so aggressive - just to see a flop with a big card is nice. I have moved in many times only to get called by hands like q,9 or j,8 soooted and bust out. I'm only playing the 5+1 - so it doesn't hurt too much.

I also play a ring - with normal strategy - which somewhat offsets the losses from the tourney's.

I have since decided on a different strategy. I will probably tighten up a bit early and look for opportunities to double up. (will definately call anything for 1 bet, though) I think you really can make points if you can become the chip leader - especially when 4 handed and the other 3 short stacks are just trying to hand around. Raise all in everyhand and let the shortest stack slide by. Definately flat call AA, KK preflop - since about 50% of the hands has someone moving all in.

However, I feel I am going to have some trouble readjusting to normal strategy when I play in the shootout? I will definately have to play a couple of warm-ups to regain my focus.

Bubs

Moose
04-05-2003, 12:52 PM
I've seen guys that are playing some modified system, going all-in preflop with a wide assortment of "good" hands (small pairs, any ace, suited half-connectors like Q9 etc) and hope on simply collecting the points.

Everytime I stare one of them down I am a 4-1 dog and I lose. So demoralizing..

M.