PDA

View Full Version : AKs and I get lucky.

Baseballer02
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
How bad was calling the 3-bet on the flop? Was I right to reraise the river or should I have called hoping for a call from MP2?

No good reads, but the table is very loose preflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

08-22-2005, 04:30 PM
You know all those people who come on here complaining about some hand they lost, despite playing correctly, because some guy sucked them out on the river with a lucky play?

Well you are the guy who got lucky.

IMHO, there was no way you should be calling a raise and a re-raise after already calling one raise. You should have folded on the flop.

Baseballer02
08-22-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AKs and I get lucky

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How bad was calling the 3-bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well alrighty, thanks for throwing back at me what my post title and post body already say. So insightful.

paperboyNC
08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well alrighty, thanks for throwing back at me what my post title and post body already say. So insightful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you post this hand?

Baseballer02
08-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Was wondering if I should have played the turn any differently(forgot to post that question) and also if I was right to 3-bet the river rather than calling so that hopefully SB would call.

paperboyNC
08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was wondering if I should have played the turn any differently(forgot to post that question) and also if I was right to 3-bet the river rather than calling so that hopefully SB would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you want congrats on the $100+ pot you want. Nice river for sure. Congrats /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank the lord it wasn't the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Baseballer02
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Why would I want congrats for getting lucky? I've never posted a bad-beat, suckout, "hooray for me" post in all my time here. I was actually wondering how I should have played the turn and river. What would my play be on the river if my Q hadn't hit?

Edit: And I only got half the pot, so pffffft. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

setzf
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't the SB already fold before it got to you? I think you mean the MP. I think 3 betting the river is bad since you're almost certainly chopping with the button so you make no money on his call. This is assuming that MP is an unkown who you know nothing about, if you have a specific, reason to think he'll call a raise then thats a different story. I think the first flop call is fine but once it gets raised again I wouldn't call unless I'm getting 15-1 or better. You were only getting 9-1. On the turn I would consider folding then make a crying call and hope nobody has a K. The only cards I would call the river with are A, K, Q. Even so I would check call any of these rivers except for a non-heart Q and if the action got heavy behing me I would probably fold if a K hit. I would not overcall with one pair.

KDawgCometh
08-22-2005, 05:52 PM
you're getting 19-2 when it gets back to you, so a call is kinda close. I guess you just have to factor in if you have solid implied odds, also knowing how aggressive the opponents are would really help here, cause that can really determine if hitting TP might make our hand a winner

toss
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I think you should've checkraised the river. Flop is kinda close.

istewart
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should've checkraised the river. Flop is kinda close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this board checks through very often though.

chief444
08-22-2005, 06:49 PM
The flop is closer than you make it out to be.