PDA

View Full Version : Weird huge pot QQ hand

Justin A
08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Party 15/30. This is the very first hand of my session but I have stats on the important players, not sure if the stats matter too much here.

Party Poker (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, CO and button both cold call, SB folds, I 3bet, everyone calls to the CO who caps, everyone calls.

CO is 25/10/1.7 Button is 37/3/0.6

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Checked to CO who bets, button calls, I raise, folded to CO who 3bets, button calls, I call.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Check to CO who bets, both call.

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Checked to CO who bets, button calls, I call.

Comments?

sfer
08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Why on earth didn't you lead the flop?

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
This is fine imo.

I lead/3bet flop and call down if capped. The fact that he limp-reraised preflop and he is 25/10/2 could just mean he was pulling a move on you.

08-22-2005, 05:13 PM
If CO isn't a maniac, I'd be worried that you are beat here. The best you can hope for is for him to turn over jacks up and to have the caller sporting the other two queens. My guess (without any knowledge whatsoever) is you lost to a higher overpair. What happened?

Justin A
08-22-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wanted to checkraise the capper. Why do you like a flop bet so much more?

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wanted to checkraise the capper. Why do you like a flop bet so much more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a flop lead more because it's easier to put in 3 bets if I lead the flop.

sfer
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The coldcall/cap just looks like BS and I can't be sure how people will react to a bet from him, if he even bets. I want them reacting to my bet as the last real aggressor and the person most likely to have a real hand.

Justin A
08-22-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The coldcall/cap just looks like BS and I can't be sure how people will react to a bet from him, if he even bets. I want them reacting to my bet as the last real aggressor and the person most likely to have a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting them to react to my checkraise and face two bets instead of one. On a hand protection basis I think CRing is better, but I'd like to be convinced it's not the right play. Please elaborate.

Piiop
08-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I think I'd want to get at least another bet/raise in there somewhere. The cold-call cap smells retardo to me and that board is not scary for you at all. Maybe a flop cap and a turn lead or a turn checkraise.

TomBrooks
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
I'd say you could safely fold to the Flop 3-bet. I'm almost certain CO has AA or KK.

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you could safely fold to the Flop 3-bet. I'm almost certain CO has AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do the math but folding to the flop 3bet is extremely -EV.

TemetNosce
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Can't fold QQ here. That cold calling two bets then capping preflop smells more like a suited connector or small/medium pocket pair (or worse than either), rather than AA or KK.

SmileyEH
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. I'd put the lost EV of folding at around 5BB.

-SmileyEH

Barklad
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Why are AA or KK assumed from the CO? He seems fairly agg preflop; the limp/cap seems more like a pot building play than to indicate an extremely strong hand such as AA/KK...feels more like AKs IMO

Justin A
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding at any point during this hand is not an option.

sfer
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wanting them to react to my checkraise and face two bets instead of one. On a hand protection basis I think CRing is better, but I'd like to be convinced it's not the right play. Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

He coldcall capped. He's checking through more times than you want. If he raised limpers and capped your 3-bet I agree with your line.

ArturiusX
08-22-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

JacksonTens
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't see a problem with the flop c/r. You have no guarantee he's going to raise your bet. But he is very likely to bet his other raising hands if checked to. Once you get 3-bet however your in trouble, did you think about capping? Or is that out of the question? On second thoughts maybe thats a bit aggro of me...
/images/graemlins/confused.gif
JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

TomBrooks
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't do the math but folding to the flop 3bet is extremely -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a big pot. Getting 26:1 to call the flop three-bet. But figure also on probably calling two more big bets. If third player stays in (which he did), we will be putting in 2.5 BB to possibly win 17BB. Thats 7:1. And thats if noone makes a two pair or something or has a set etc. and raises.

Getting 7:1 maybe this is good to call down. I got a pretty strong feeling were beat here though, perhaps more than 6 out of 7 times. I'm pretty sure at least 4 or 5 out of 7 times without a doubt. So IF folding to the flop 3 bet is -EV, it's not as -EV as one might think at first if one only considers the 26:1 call.

Whoops, wait a minute...thinking as I go. Odds of making a set are 23:1 so calling the flop 3bet is good.

After that, folding on the Turn Unimproved might not be a bad idea. If it was only one bet more on the river it would be different, but it will take at least 2 BB to get to Showdown.

Justin A
08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
I won the hand. Bettor had AK spades and caller had A2 for bottom pair.