PDA

View Full Version : Mark Heide: You Might Find this Interesting

adios
04-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Good joke. al-Jazerra is having their problems getting on the internet. al-Jazerra is claiming the following is politically motivated:

Akamai Declines to Assist Al-Jazerra Site (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/030404/war_al_jazeera_akamai_2.html)

Mark Heide
04-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Tom,

It does not surprise me at all. Whenever there is someone with an opposing viewpoint, you can count on them being silenced by someone.

It appears in this country, currently, that if you do not agree with Bush you are also the enemy. It alarms me that the majority of people in this country support the government with out thinking about the issues. After the first few weeks of this war, I'm convinced that the majority of Americans are brainwashed by our government and major media outlets.

You may think that I'm wrong saying this, but my primary issue here with Al-jezeera is that people are being denied access to a major media outlet. This is big time censorship when the majority of the public rallies behind the views of the government. This is not much different than living under the government of Adolf Hitler. We know eventually where that led to.

Once the war began, it made it pretty clear that the American public accepts corporate and government censorship as long as it agrees with their values.

With no alternative choices, I don't see how anyone can say this is a free country.

This is just my opinion and I will not respond to anyone else comments on this anymore.

Good luck living in the new Nazi regime.

Mark