PDA

View Full Version : AKs vs tons of pressure

TXTiger
08-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Party Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">utg Raises (33/5.3) I 3 bet,5 folds, bb (28/5.2) 4 bets, we call </font>.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, utg Raises, Hero ?.

Also, does everyone 3 bet preflop here? I considered the call because of the tightness of the raiser.

Nick Royale
08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Hero folds...

TemetNosce
08-22-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, does everyone 3 bet preflop here? I considered the call because of the tightness of the raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three-bet preflop with AKs, every time.

Folding the flop is your best move.

fivecube
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">utg Raises (33/5.3) I 3 bet,5 folds, bb (28/5.2) 4 bets, we call </font>.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, utg Raises, Hero ?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I can't see how your ahead against 2 players.

ErrantNight
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
what tightness of the raiser? 33/5.3?!

but regardless... 3-bet preflop is standard, and will make the flop easier to play. You can do it pretty much always. In fact, you could do it always and it would so rarely be less than optimal that you might never stumble across an exception. Peace.

TXTiger
08-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I think a raise percent of 5.3% is a tight raiser, and I only likely dominate AQs, maybe AQo but 5.3 is pretty low. Anyway I agree with those that say 3 bet, I just think an arguement can be made for going for the multiway pot with suited bigcards instead of 3 betting when I am rarely way ahead.

I folded the flop. UTG had QsJs, showing that the 3 bet was definitely correct. Maybe I didn't have enough hands on utg, or maybe he was mixing it up this time, or maybe I should just hit reraise everytime AKs since it will almost always be correct. BB had KK and took the pot when a ten hit on the turn. So I had the 2 aces for wins and 4 tens for a split.

08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I would have pegged the post flop raiser for a set.