PDA

View Full Version : Second pair, what to do?

Womble
08-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (3.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

Ok, this hand worked out very nicely /images/graemlins/smile.gif MP calls everything PF, UTG new to the table.

Question is, do you bet the flop? When do you bet middle pair?. Also, if the turn was an undercard to my Js and didnt complete the possible flush would I be correct to bet then? (e.g. 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

jba
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Question is, do you bet the flop? When do you bet middle pair?. Also, if the turn was an undercard to my Js and didnt complete the possible flush would I be correct to bet then? (e.g. 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. You have a pretty good hand here (it's probably the best hand) and don't want to give free cards. I would bet the turn no matter what, actually.