PDA

View Full Version : Horrondeous fold ?

Tropex
08-22-2005, 02:45 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Horrible ???

Grisgra
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
22SB pot, you've got to call two more . . . so you're getting immediate 11:1 odds. Problem is that while you might be up against QT and 98 and are ahead right now, it's more likely you're up against AT and/or trips, meaning you're shooting at a 2-outer to chop. Or JJ and QQ, looking for a 5-outer to win it.

Without reads, if this is 1/2, I'd average your outs to take the whole pot at no more than 2-3, and that's probably on the generous side. So I'd probably fold it. Without reads, of course.

(Let me guess . . . you were up against QT and 88 or some such nonsense?)

EDIT: Just looked at the preflop action. Obviously, much less likely that BB has a seven, more likely he has JJ-AA. So I'm more likely to peel another one off. By the way, I think that KTo UTG 6-handed is a little too loose, especially in a 1/2 game where you're going to get a bunch of coldcallers behind you. Being out of position when the flop comes JT6 or somesuch sucks some serious ass.

Tropex
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Was against AK and JJ, would've paired my king too on the turn and won, but it would've been a longshot.

Womble
08-22-2005, 03:09 PM
KTo is the absolute minimum for a PFR UTG. Unless you are VERY good, leave it /images/graemlins/wink.gif