PDA

View Full Version : SNG Tracker Stats Question

08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
What should the % ITM from the bubble look like for a good or great player? It seems that 75% (1 of 4) would be "right" -- but shouldn't it be a little lower if you are playing the bubble aggressively, knowing that you will go out more than your "share" but when you do get ITM it will be with a stack to do some damage?

Also, what does the "bubble % +/-" mean?

08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
All things being equal, three out of the four players remaining will be ITM. Since you're talking about a good or great player, his percentage ITM should be greater than 75%. Good and great players will often get to the bubble in good position, which increases their chances of being ITM.

downtown
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you're talking about a good or great player, his percentage ITM should be greater than 75%. Good and great players will often get to the bubble in good position, which increases their chances of being ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false if you're talking about %ITM from 4 handed.

Personally, I used to have a higher % here, like 78%, and I made an effort to play more agressively to raise my 1st place % at the expense of this bubble +/- number (FWIW mine is now exactly 75%), which can have various interpretations. Higher %ITM *and* higher ROI would be ideal, but it's likely in order to squeak out a few more 3rds you pass on opportunities for 1sts.

Paulson
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
To give an example, my ITM hovers around 74-75% from the bubble. However my breakdown on Stars SNGs is 17%-14%-16% and my ROI is over 33%