PDA

View Full Version : Did you miss me?

davidross
08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm back from a week of lying on a beach, eating way too much, and drinking...just the right amount. For the first time in 2 1/2 years I went 10 days without playing any poker. It was kind of nice being able to get up in the morning and going to the beach with the kids, but now I have to pay for the trip.

So what do I have to catch up on? Who had big cashes this week?

Equal
08-22-2005, 02:10 PM
We had three of us in the top 20 of the Party Half Million Guaranteed... none of us could take home the $165k for first though. Glad to hear you had a great trip. Where'd you go?

Jurollo
08-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Colson won the Paradise Sunday Main Event yesterday
~Justin

woodguy
08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
I've been running fairly good in everything but the big weekenders. I got a 1st, 3rd, 3rd and 4th in the last two weeks for just over $22K.

I would have done better in the big weekend ones but I made the mistake of having a side bet with a poster here who I won't name (but his initials are MLG), my side bets with him mean death unless its on UB.

Colson won the Paradise $100K for $30K.

TTIU is leading the Stars Tourney leaderboard points, and if he wins it stands to make some bucks in a side bet.

Sirio is selling a chunk of his action in some WPT and WCOOP events.

My dog stopped crapping on the carpet (finally)

Welcome back David.

Regards,
Woodguy

CardSharpCook
08-22-2005, 02:34 PM
I suppose my 15/30 earnings have just dropped .04BB/100. Welcome back, David. Hope you enjoyed (Maine?).

CSC

DonT77
08-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I almost won 2 WPT seats in one weekend.

I won a $12K WPT Package to the Borgata on Full Tilt on Saturday. Then on Sunday I was the chip leader in the $20 Aruba Rebuy on UB with 5 players remaining (first place wins the $9200 package) but I ended up 3rd, +$1400.

Easy E
08-22-2005, 03:13 PM
For the first time in 2 1/2 years I went 10 days without playing any poker.

This surprised me greatly. You chose not to take any recovery breaks, or couldn't afford to?

DireWolf
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
If it was maine, Where in maine were you??

davidross
08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Clearly my being away has softened up the field for you guys /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was curious about the stars leaderboard, isn't there a big bet out there for someone who took himself against the rest of the players?

davidross
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
The entire first year I only had 6 days I didn't play at all, I was convinced if I took any time off I'd go broke.

THe catch 22 for me is that I never feel like I need a break, I enjoy playing so much, and the times I do need the break, during a losing streak, is when I keep playing trying to snapthe bad streak.

I did go a week while I took a cruise earlier this year, and I had plannedon playing this past week, I took the laptop with me, but when I play late I sleep in, and the first morning on the beach was so great I just decided to take a break. I don't know how much I needed it, but I didn't even think about it the entire week.

davidross
08-22-2005, 08:47 PM
We go to Ocean Park Maine, right next to Old Orchard Beach, 20 minutes south of Portland. It's an entire family thing, Cousins, grandparents, every kid that was at my 6th birthday party (In Maine) was there this week, some of them are grandparents now.

DireWolf
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Haha, thats really funny. I live in pine point during the summer. I work at dunkin donuts right in Old Orchard. You ever go there?? A TON of canadians go to Old Orchard. Maybe i saw you. hopefully it was a good weak.

davidross
08-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Wow, that's amazing. I went down to Bayley'2 3 times, but we only went down to the Pier once. Where is the Dunkin DOnuts?

Chief911
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Welcome back David!

Looking forward to having you back and active in the MTT forum!

Nick

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm back from a week of lying on a beach, eating way too much, and drinking...just the right amount. For the first time in 2 1/2 years I went 10 days without playing any poker. It was kind of nice being able to get up in the morning and going to the beach with the kids, but now I have to pay for the trip.

So what do I have to catch up on? Who had big cashes this week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going on vacation soon to Aruba!
Oh yeah, I'll be playing poker too.

DireWolf
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's amazing. I went down to Bayley'2 3 times, but we only went down to the Pier once. Where is the Dunkin DOnuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the corner of the big intersection right before the pier.

Mangatang
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Welcome back David. I hope you had a great vacation. I could use one of those.

woodguy
08-22-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was curious about the stars leaderboard, isn't there a big bet out there for someone who took himself against the rest of the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its Gigabet v. The World, with a player (I think his handle is sheets) making a bet with Gigabet that is big enough that sheets is offering $5000 to anyone who posts on pocketfives.com who wins the monthly TLB, or something of that nature.

Regards,
Woodguy

colson10
08-22-2005, 10:23 PM
The bet is with nip/tuck

woodguy
08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the correction.

Regards,
Woodguy

istewart
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We go to Ocean Park Maine, right next to Old Orchard Beach, 20 minutes south of Portland. It's an entire family thing, Cousins, grandparents, every kid that was at my 6th birthday party (In Maine) was there this week, some of them are grandparents now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I vacation in Kennebunk a lot. Old Orchard is a lot of fun, but sometimes it can be a real tourist trap. Still a great place to take kids. The other poster is right though -- TONS of Canadians. Hope you had fun.

ZBTHorton
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bet is with nip/tuck

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't much matter because TTIU has the thing wrapped up.

ClaytonN
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Don't bet on that, riverloser still has a shot.

I think.

TheTimeIsUp
08-22-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet on it.

gumpzilla
08-22-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worth considering that TTIU already has more points than the monthly TLB winner from July. Given the higher interest in this month, that's to be expected, but he's got a pretty solid number of points.

ZBTHorton
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my unprofessional opinion. If River or Giga doesn't win the Sunday big one...they don't have a chance.

Easy E
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
. I don't know how much I needed it, but I didn't even think about it the entire week.

Something to keep in mind- I think breaks are essential to recharging your brain

08-23-2005, 12:19 PM
I like that confidence man, good luck, play the way you are and its over.