PDA

View Full Version : JJ

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 02:02 PM
MP is a loose passive preflop who is pretty crazy postflop. He bet his 85o until the river UI on a 67AKJ board against a preflop raiser.

BB is more aggressive preflop but more passive postflop.

Flop spew? Missed river bet?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

kamelion44
08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Looks fine to me. Not flop spew against with that read, and good river check.

synbad13
08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
It has to be really close between checking and betting. By betting, you may get a weak queen to fold- thus winning the pot for you. It doesn't seem like these players are very capable of finding the fold button unless you have them beat though.
Your read on MP tends to put him on a draw of some sort, with the 9d completing both j10 and a flush draw. I think checking is right.
On the flop, you have position so raising helps let you know where you are at. If a stronger player bet out on the flop, I think the raise would be under much greater criticism.

baronzeus
08-22-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm still not sure if I like the flop raise. If it's equally likely that he's betting a draw and a pair, is it profitable to raise that flop?

brettbrettr
08-22-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not sure if I like the flop raise. If it's equally likely that he's betting a draw and a pair, is it profitable to raise that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if you're doing it to get a free sd. Thing with this flop is that you're basically praying he's on the diamonds or JT otherwise you're fuct.