PDA

View Full Version : I bet yet another whiff

Transference
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

jba
08-22-2005, 01:39 PM
this bet is standard for me. we are calling one anyways so it's better that we bet it.

08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
You've only got overcards and a bazillion potential callers. I can't imagine this bet will take it down at the turn often enough to be +EV.

And I wouldn't count the wheel for much of a draw...

mikeyKay
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
if you bet the turn, you probably have to bet the river UI to make the turn bet mean anything. therefore, i take the (hopefully) free card on the turn, or call one bet to me.

-mike

08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this bet is standard for me. we are calling one anyways so it's better that we bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Maybe I'm weak, but on that board too many outs are tainted. Your aces are badly tainted as someone might fill their straight or flush, the wheel outs are badly tainted for the same reason.

Even we say each out if 50% good, that gives us 10 tainted outs (6 overcards, 4 treys), so 5 outs. That's 8:1 required odds. And I wouldn't count much for implied odds...as often as you'll get more bets on the river, you'll lose bets when it makes you a 2nd best hand.

You'll probably get the 8:1 on the turn to justify a call, but by leading the turn you're risking a raise behind which would be awful. I'd much rather check here and call one bet. Plus, if it's 2 bets back to you, you know to fold due poor odds.

A turn bet just doesn't seem to do any good here. You can't win outright as you won't drive anyone out with a made hand or a draw.

me454555
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
I check the flop to see what develops behind me. A flop bet doesn't accomplish much as someone prolly has some sort of pair and the pot is too big for me to fold out other overcards

Terrabon98
08-22-2005, 04:02 PM
eer...unless you are playing at a tighter 5/10 table than i've ever played at, this bet isn't going to do much for you...i highl doubt all three opponents will fold, and you could definitely be facing a raise with very few clean outs, if any...

mcvalenc
08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad reason to bet the turn.

mcvalenc
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I think your hand is best on the turn close to 0% of the time, I don't see any reason to bet there. The flop bet is better, but I still think checking the flop is the best move with 4 others, especially since your backdoor flush is only queen high.

Anders_G
08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
i'd check the turn and call/fold depending on the action.

jba
08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad reason to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep sorry I meant the flop I think

Womble
08-22-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check the flop to see what develops behind me. A flop bet doesn't accomplish much as someone prolly has some sort of pair and the pot is too big for me to fold out other overcards

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I only use continuation bets with a max of 2 players

sublime
08-22-2005, 05:53 PM
easy turn check.

you also want to consider checking the flop. two players cold called your preflop raise, and this board isnt going to compell them to fold whatever they had. some will say there is value in betting, i say there is more value in seeing the turn for =/&lt; 1 bet.

Transference
08-22-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your hand is best on the turn close to 0% of the time,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is reason to belive Im good this rarely.

mcvalenc
08-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, "close to 0%" is probably a bit overboard. It's still some low percentage though.