joecash
08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
What does this mean in the poker world?

ackid
08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Can you use it in a sentence?

AKQJ10
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I believe "sweating" someone is sitting behind them watching their play. At least that's the impression I got from The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King by Michael Craig.

Pov
08-22-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe "sweating" someone is sitting behind them watching their play. At least that's the impression I got from The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King by Michael Craig.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct though I don't think you necessarily have to be sitting behind them. Bascially it's just watching someone play as far as I understand so I could sweat a pro on a poker site by observing a table he/she was playing at. I think more typically it is used like AKQJ10 has said, though.

SheridanCat
08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Correct definitions. Often the sweater will be a girlfriend or spouse. It's hard to imagine doing it for any period of time, but maybe that's just me.

Often the player will lift his (the player is usually a guy) cards high enough for the sweater to see. Obviously, the sweater can't offer advice, but this allows her (see above) to play along.

If someone has a sweater who is seeing the cards, you can sometimes get a read on a hand by looking at the sweater's reaction.

Regards,

T

lozen
08-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I thought it was sweating the river hopping the guy doesnt hit his flush or open ended straight you know he's chasing

SheridanCat
08-23-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was sweating the river hopping the guy doesnt hit his flush or open ended straight you know he's chasing

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's always some of that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

T