PDA

View Full Version : QQ preflop

petvan
08-22-2005, 01:02 PM
I scanned the archives but not very well, or I'm not finding anything conclusive on this.

I have a lot of trouble getting away from QQ preflop. I always raise with it, usually 3-4X if i'm opening, or a near pot sized bump if i'm calling a standard opener.

When I get action on my raises, and opponents start pushing or pot sizing back at me where I get calling all in/fold, or push/fold decisions, I'm almost always getting my chips in.

The only time I lay down is if I'm late and watch an open, raise, raise type scenario where its looking very much like a multi-way showdown.

I'm curious what conditions others lay down QQ preflop say in 9-10 seated, lvl 1-3 areas assuming near equal stack scenarios where your life is pretty much on the line (and a double will put you into mythical 2k position)

Thanks,

P

Ixnert
08-22-2005, 03:41 PM
It'll depend on your buy-in, but at the 22s and 33s, I've laid down QQ exactly once in level 1 or 2 (sample size ~1000).

If I'm in early position, I raise (to say 60 in level 1), and the action behind me goes something like re-raise to 150, 3-bet to 400, call, push, then I'm laying down my queens. Much less than that and I'm in.

In late position, something silly like multiple limp-reraisers would do it, or several raises before it gets to me.

But most of the time, if someone else has KK or AA, I'm going broke at this buy-in level. If I move back up to the 55s sometime, I'd probably tighten up a bit, but at the lower levels, I don't think I could.

downtown
08-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Up to the 33s I'm happy to get it all in preflop. I feel the same as when my KK gets busted by AA, it just happens more often (but still not that often) because sometimes you will be racing AK. Obviously weird action could get me to lay them down, but it's unlikely.

I don't have enough 55s under my belt to comment, but I've played similarly there over a small sample with QQ without incident in the past.