PDA

View Full Version : Has 2+2 ever considered a "Classifieds" forum? (moderator?)

pal=m
08-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Seems like a reasonable thing to add. We could trade Db's, utilities, other info, have "wanted to buys", etc., none of which really belongs in the other forums. Being fairly new to 2+2 (about a year), has this ever been tried or considered? Why or why not? Wouldn't see it to discuss things of questionable legality that are so often alluded to here anyway, but still there's plently of other conveniences a forum like this could offer. Thoughts?

pal

Aukai
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
http://www.twoplustwo.com/classified.php

kross
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't think that's what he was asking. He said he wants a forum, not just ads.

Tk79
08-22-2005, 06:03 PM
people have to pay to list something in the classifieds

snowlarbear
08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a reasonable thing to add. We could trade Db's, utilities, other info, have "wanted to buys", etc., none of which really belongs in the other forums. Being fairly new to 2+2 (about a year), has this ever been tried or considered? Why or why not? Wouldn't see it to discuss things of questionable legality that are so often alluded to here anyway, but still there's plently of other conveniences a forum like this could offer. Thoughts?

pal

[/ QUOTE ]

i for one would like to see one, i'm sure lots of people would like to sell old books, etc.

spamuell
08-22-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i for one would like to see one, i'm sure lots of people would like to sell old books

[/ QUOTE ]

And what could be more to 2+2's financial gain than people selling second hand books on their website?

JRussell
08-22-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And what could be more to 2+2's financial gain than people selling second hand books on their website?

[/ QUOTE ]

The advertising space a new forum would bring. Same financial gain as most of the other forums here.

pal=m
08-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't think advertising used 2+2 books is a great idea since this forum is run by the publishing Co. who sells them new. But used books from other publishers, databases, poker-specific hardware like our famous monitors, utility programs for hand histories, simulators, etc.....that kind of stuff seems good to me. Some of these things can be found in other forums but may have a better home here if one was created.

I'm thinking "buy, sell, upload, download, trade" here as opposed to simply posting advertisements.

Normally giving out info. to other poker players is a bad idea. Why help others play better? But 2+2 seems to be a unique place where a very small population by percentage of the online poker world resides. Not to mention many here actually enjoy helping others and truly want them to get better. That's what attracts me to being here. Seems the wealth of information this group has is worth sharing in a 1-stop location (for those who are willing).

pal