PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary gift ideas

2planka
08-22-2005, 11:13 AM
The Warden and I will celebrate the four-year mark in a couple of weeks. I got her a day at the spa last year, but she took forever to use it.

So I need some ideas. We're going to Aruba next year, so it's okay if this year is a little understated. Help a brother out!

(No, SIIHP is not her idea of a fun anniversary).

meleader2
08-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Dirty Sanchez.

2planka
08-22-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 04/17/05

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help fucktard

mslif
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Warden and I will celebrate the four-year mark in a couple of weeks. I got her a day at the spa last year, but she took forever to use it.

So I need some ideas. We're going to Aruba next year, so it's okay if this year is a little understated. Help a brother out!

(No, SIIHP is not her idea of a fun anniversary).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dinner and flowers definitely. Maybe you could take her to the place where you proposed (If it was a romantic/special place) and propose to her again. If she likes music, you could take her to a classic concert/ballet/opera so she gets to dress up. It is hard to advise you properly not knowing what she likes.

jakethebake
08-22-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is hard to advise you properly not knowing what she likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you like if it were you?

swede123
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Like the other guy said, it's hard to give good advice w/o knowing what she likes. How about a watch? You can get something pretty (and decent) for a couple hundred. Not sure if this is more than you want to spend.

Obviously dinner and flowers are a necessity, don't consider these part of the gift.

Swede

jakethebake
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like the other guy said...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mslif
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is hard to advise you properly not knowing what she likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you like if it were you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much what I stated in my first response. I would want to look stunning for my husband. Go have a wonderful evening together and make sure he goes to bed happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anniversaries are about celebrating the times you had together and also the times to come.

swede123
08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Well, if you refer to other posters as "guy" you will be correct 999 times out of a 1000 so there. I didn't mean to disrespect your girlfriend, Jake. My bad.

Swede

jakethebake
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to disrespect your girlfriend, Jake.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

mslif
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to disrespect your girlfriend, Jake. My bad.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this comment was necessary.

kerssens
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
You're in Oregon, right? Take her to a winery, then have dinner at a nice place.

2planka
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
We're going to dinner - nice place in Boston's north end.

I'll have flowers delivered to her office.

The Warden has a degree in fine arts, is currently in a masters program in graphic design. She loves sci-fi (got her the Foundation series last year for her birthday). She likes to read. She's recently lost a couple of pounds and is feeling good about herself - but I've never bought clothing for women and am not about to start now. She likes to decorate the house and has ambitious plans for repainting/remodeling. Music-wise, she has varied tastes from Mr. Bungle to Miles Davis to Abba (we do not see eye to eye on Abba). She has one tattoo, acquired on our first date some eight years ago.

zoomOut
08-22-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about a watch? You can get something pretty (and decent) for a couple hundred. Not sure if this is more than you want to spend.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think! I'd love a watch myself.

We just had our anniversary and celebrated it by going to the Steve Miller Band concert in Cincinnati. Great fun. One of my favorite anniversary ideas so far.

turnipmonster
08-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I recommend getting her some nice lingerie (i.e. NOT victoria's secret). agent provacatuer (http://www.agentprovocateur.com) has some really nice stuff. fair warning though, nice lingerie is not cheap.

touchfaith
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Jello Bath!

jakethebake
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recommend getting her some nice lingerie (i.e. NOT victoria's secret). agent provacatuer (http://www.agentprovocateur.com) has some really nice stuff. fair warning though, nice lingerie is not cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif? Good idea?

jakethebake
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jello Bath!

[/ QUOTE ]

This has potential. I wonder what jello would do my jacuzzi?

mslif
08-22-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif? Good idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lingerie is nice but women usually like to get that stuff themselves and then surprise the husband with it. Usually men do not know what size to get or pick things that are flattering only on models. Too risky, I would pass.