PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Question....Hand Downloads

08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I recently purchased Pokertracker and have a few questions on how I can download hand histories:

- I need to find out how I can download hand histories for poker sites such as paradise, pokerstars, full tilt, etc..

I have tried following the directions but it asks to download from my POP or email. I use yahoo mail and dont know how to set this up?

Can someone please advise where I can find a forum that can assit or can someone provide some detail info on how I can get this done?

Also, looking at some data I need to find out how I can interpret this to become a better player.

I welcome any comments....

Thanks

BritNewbie
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
For best results, you should probably go to the PokerTracker forum (there's a link on the PokerTracker website).

Just to offer my two cents, I think you should be able to set up your POP3 account using Utilities/POP3 Email SetUp.

You need to enter the Yahoo server name. (I also user Yahoo email, and the server name you need is, I believe, pop.mail.yahoo.com) You could check that out at Yahoo's own site, I guess.

You also need to enter your user name and password.

If that doesn't work, like I say, you could try the PokerTracker forum.

Interesting point, actually - I've just checked my own settings in PokerTracker, and whenever I have hand histories to import from email, I don't click on the 'Check POP3' button, I just click on 'Check Email' and it works fine. It even imports hands that I haven't previously downloaded from the server using Outlook Express.

4_2_it
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Move this post to the Software forum. I'm sure you will get the answer.

For Pokerstars, you need to have Pokerstars dump your Hand History to your hard drive. Then have Pokertracker check your hard drive (u will have to link the directory) every 5 minutes. Sorry I cannot be more exact, but I am not at home so I can't give a step-by-step.