PDA

View Full Version : THIS EVER HAPPEN TO YOU ?

skipperbob
08-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Since I only 2-table, I am able to have my 2 open games on the right-side of monitor screen and 2+2 open on the left. This AM, as I am typing a 2+2 reply, I see that I have a monster on upper-right screen; as I am moving cursor across screen to "Raise" button it moves across the "Fold" button and (no click) it folds my hand....I am absolutely positive that I did not click fold....Can this happen?...or am I just crazy?...or is it "rigged"

08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Are you using a touchpad? If not maybe you were trembling in excitement and tapped the mouse button by accident?

08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I have a laptop with one of those touchpad mouse things, and they interpret a resonably firm touch as a click. I've accidentally folded (or raised) more than once when I was moving it from table to table, which has solidified my affection for a good, old-fashioned mouse. If that doesn't apply to you, then I'm going with your being crazy.

Freudian
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
You may be possessed by a malevolent spirit. Benevolent spirits on the other hand play perfect poker.

downtown
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"rigged"

[/ QUOTE ]

Clear case of rigging.

08-22-2005, 11:03 AM
At one game at empire I saw that "Party Poker hacks your comp" in the chat. Maybe it's true...

On a more serious note, I usually do the opposite, ie raising when I meant to check/fold. Usually money just goes down the drain in this cause, although I occasionally pick up a free pot with an inadvertent bluff.

SlackerMcFly
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I told you in June that your machine was haunted.......Moohaahaa!

Actually, your cursor can move all by itself sometimes when a program like Norton Antivirus accesses the internet and starts a download in the background. Happens with Microsoft automatic update as well.

Kind of like when you enter an MTT and when you get taken to your seat and the cursor jumps all around. Something to do with a weak video card or not enough RAM me thinks.

So yes, it has happened to me and it is spooky. Either that, or we have both lost our minds (plausible). /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AckerMcSly

networkman
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
There was a bug at pokerroom.com where if you click 'raise' and didn't have enough chips to double the bet it would fold you.

Example, you have AA someone raises 1200 and you have less than 2400 it folded you when you clicked raise.

This was about a year ago and was fixed pretty quickly.

Geez, my reply has absolutly nothing to do with your question but it does show that all kinds of strange stuff can happen. It's all just millions of 1's and 0's, a 1 where a 0 should be and anything can happen.

I'll get my hat.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jon462
08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I only 2-table, I am able to have my 2 open games on the right-side of monitor screen and 2+2 open on the left. This AM, as I am typing a 2+2 reply, I see that I have a monster on upper-right screen; as I am moving cursor across screen to "Raise" button it moves across the "Fold" button and (no click) it folds my hand....I am absolutely positive that I did not click fold....Can this happen?...or am I just crazy?...or is it "rigged"

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, 2 tables. r u sure yer rdy for 2?

on a related note, whenever I multitable on stars i have chat problems all the time.. im typing away and its my turn on another table and I dont notice and keep typing.. then notice the second half of my sentence was typed in the window where its my turn (whether the first half was at another table, or aim, or on 2+2 or whatever)... this never happens to me on party.

microbet
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can this happen?...or am I just crazy?...or is it "rigged"

[/ QUOTE ]

Those ORs are inclusive, right? Two out of three are correct.

ace_in_the_hole
08-22-2005, 03:52 PM
happened to me yesterday.

Drizztdj
08-22-2005, 04:02 PM
The one-outer was going to hit for the villian. Be thankful to the poker gods.

zambonidrivr
08-22-2005, 04:22 PM
rigged for sure.

how about the times where you have a pair of 2's hoping to flop a monster, and flop comes 3 overs including an aces.. and u click the fold to any bet button... look down for a second and see that it was checked around and see that a 2 comes on the turn, and before you can click the off button, you muck the hand.

downtown
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rigged for sure.

how about the times where you have a pair of 2's hoping to flop a monster, and flop comes 3 overs including an aces.. and u click the fold to any bet button... look down for a second and see that it was checked around and see that a 2 comes on the turn, and before you can click the off button, you muck the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped using that buttons at all except for fold p/f early. Just one of these times could cost you lots of money. Misclicking when I 4-tabled pre-2001fp also cost me.

jon462
08-22-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one-outer was going to hit for the villian. Be thankful to the poker gods.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? which hand is a 1 outter to AA PF? /images/graemlins/confused.gif