PDA

View Full Version : AK against 2+2er

bosoxfan
08-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Big blind is a poster. His stop and go really confused me. Any comments?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises,3 folds, BB raises, 1 fold, Hero caps.

Flop: (9.5 SB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
BB bets, hero raises, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
BB bets, hero raises, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)

BB checks, Hero checks

Final pot: 10.25 BB

SCfuji
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
need your thoughts on why you didnt bet the river? this probably isnt the best advice for improving as a poker player but at 1/2 worry about check raises after they happen. the villain is more likely to be afraid of you raising his bet than inducing you to bet so he can check raise, imo. probably missed his lame ass hearts. what a loser, cant even hit a flush.

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm thinking bet the river, there are many holdings he could have here, I'm thinking a pocket pair, maybe QQ? Playing aggressive. Don't see what he reraises out of the BB with that includes an 8, w/ KK he probably goes to war on the turn. If he has AA you're going to lose another couple of bets here.

bosoxfan
08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
need your thoughts on why you didnt bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think he would call with anything I can beat.

08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I think its possible he missed a flush, but more likely he had QQ. Either way you should have bet on the river.If he has you beat, then he played the hand horribly.

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 10:29 AM
I think he'd likely look you up with any pair down to TT.

08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
A re-raise out of the BB is not as concerning as it would be from the CO, for example, but he's still showing a fair amount of strength. Bear in mind that he's first to act, and figures that more often than not, the flop will have missed you. Flop raises don't guarantee strength (perhaps he thinks that you're buying a free card), so his turn bet looks to me like one more shot to tell you he's serious. When you don't back down, the villain has likely resigned himself to having the 2nd-best hand, hence the check.

I'm expecting to see QQ or JJ (probably not TT) here, depending on the villain's aggression. Ah-Qh or Kc-Qc wouldn't be inconsistent with villain's line either. No straights here (I think we can write off 6-7), and no flushes either. I feel good about hero's chances here, and would bet the river, expecting to see a crying call or even a fold.

davelin
08-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure if I like the way 2+2 played his hand.

bozlax
08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Looks to me like he's got a worse king, say KQs, KJs, decides you're on a flush draw when you raise the flop, and doesn't want to give you a free card on the turn. When you raise the turn, but the flush doesn't come on the river, he gets nervous and checks.

Either that or HE was on a flush draw, but was trying to disguise it.

Regardless, you need to bet this river. One of Wookie's kittens died for this hand.

Oh, and:
[ QUOTE ]
Big blind is a poster.

[/ QUOTE ]
To the best of my recollection, this is always true. Perhaps you mean this was his first hand at the table? In that case, even more reason to bet this river.

bozlax
08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I like the way 2+2 played his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. How do you know he was a 2+2'er?

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I think he means poster, like poster on this site.

bozlax
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif That was actually my THIRD thought, and only came up after my response.

My first thought actually was that he meant that BB was a large, shiny piece of paper with a picture of Farah Fawcett in a bathing suit on it, and I had to take a moment.

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif That was actually my THIRD thought, and only came up after my response.

My first thought actually was that he meant that BB was a large, shiny piece of paper with a picture of Farah Fawcett in a bathing suit on it, and I had to take a moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, that was my first thought too, except I saw Rita Hayworth in my mind...I watch too many movies.

bosoxfan
08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like he's got a worse king, say KQs, KJs

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he would 3 bet these hands?

davelin
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Does the 2+2er in question know you're a 2+2er as well?

bosoxfan
08-22-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From his screen name and was confirmed when another poster (not the lovely Miss Fawcett) gave a sup bro?

bosoxfan
08-22-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

davelin
08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of a hand that he would play this way knowing this. IMO he should be playing one of two options - 1) folding to your turn bet or 2) throwing another bet in somewhere

Rev. Good Will
08-22-2005, 11:09 AM
nice hand, i don't think villian would be calling here with anything that you beat on the river. what he show down? I was thinking QQ-TT, maybe KQs or 99

EDIT - maybe KK if the 2+2'er has FPS
EDIT2 - just to point out there are some posters here with a PFR of 6-8, and some posters here with a PFR of ~15 /images/graemlins/grin.gif Which type of poster was it?

bozlax
08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like he's got a worse king, say KQs, KJs

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he would 3 bet these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU know who HE is, did HE know who YOU are?

If he's got (or thinks he's got) a read that you play loose preflop raising standards, or if UTG+1 is a little fishy and he thinks you're going for an isolation raise, yeah, he'd 3-bet a lot of holdings in order to isolate YOU.

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From his screen name and was confirmed when another poster (not the lovely Miss Fawcett) gave a sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I know it wasn't me. I've never been sup bro'd.

bozlax
08-22-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your playing name the same?

imported_The Vibesman
08-22-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your playing name the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Maybe not smart...but I don't post a lot of hands here, and try to mix up my play so as not to be too predictable.

aK13
08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Typically, stop-n-gos by 2p2ers are a sign of weakness. I'm fairly certain that BB should have folded to the turn raise.

bottomset
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Typically, stop-n-gos by 2p2ers are a sign of weakness. I'm fairly certain that BB should have folded to the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

or setups for bet/3betting the turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif really good against the overaggro 2p2ers, or ones that raise for a free SD too much

its usually a really strong or really weak hand.

Saint_D
08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big blind is a poster. His stop and go really confused me. Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he come down with FPS? Did he misclick the bet button on the turn?

Otherwise, this hand makes no sense to me at all.

-D

eviljeff
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
dude this river is an easy value bet against anyone.

SCfuji
08-22-2005, 06:23 PM
2+2er = sshe = call if pot is big = pot is sort of big = you will get a call

aces_dad
08-22-2005, 06:28 PM
I can see that line of thinking but then why just call the turn bet? Seems like it's either fold to a raise or 3 bet if he's really got it.

Maybe the villian can come defend his play.